Screensaver Setup

Hi All
I would like to setup a particular photo file as my screensaver, appreciate
any helpful advice on how to go about doing this. Thanks in advance
Franktee

an executable ? i think if you copy the *.exe to *.scr (keeping the
original *.exe file) to the same directory and the right click on the
new *.scr file and select install it should work. feel free to correct
me if i am wrong.

Hi,

You can use the 'My Pictures' screensaver which ships as a screensaver with Windows XP. You can
select any folder to display the images and you can set your specific picture as the only one in one
particular folder. This way, only that picture would be displayed by the screensaver.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I would like to setup a particular photo file as my screensaver, appreciate
> any helpful advice on how to go about doing this. Thanks in advance
> Franktee

Thanks for your response and that another person, but, by my not being too
computer savvy, am unable to appreciate the knowledgeable responses. I Have
a group of pictures in "My documents". How and where do I send them to show
up as screensavers. Thanks again

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can use the 'My Pictures' screensaver which ships as a screensaver with Windows XP. You can
> select any folder to display the images and you can set your specific picture as the only one in one
> particular folder. This way, only that picture would be displayed by the screensaver.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>

> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> > I would like to setup a particular photo file as my screensaver, appreciate
> > any helpful advice on how to go about doing this. Thanks in advance
> > Franktee

Hello,

Right click on an empty space on the desktop and select properties. Flip to the screensaver tab and
select the 'My pictures slideshow' screensaver. Hit 'settings' after this and select 'My documents'
as the source of pictures for the screensaver. Ok your way out. Now this screensaver will display
your pictures in 'My documents' and its subfolders.

--

> Thanks for your response and that another person, but, by my not being too
> computer savvy, am unable to appreciate the knowledgeable responses. I Have
> a group of pictures in "My documents". How and where do I send them to show
> up as screensavers. Thanks again
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You can use the 'My Pictures' screensaver which ships as a screensaver with Windows XP. You can
>> select any folder to display the images and you can set your specific picture as the only one in
>> one
>> particular folder. This way, only that picture would be displayed by the screensaver.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>

>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All
>> > I would like to setup a particular photo file as my screensaver, appreciate
>> > any helpful advice on how to go about doing this. Thanks in advance
>> > Franktee

Hi Anando,
Many thanks for taking the time again to help this older newbie. Youv'e
solved my problem.
Have a great day.
Franktee

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Right click on an empty space on the desktop and select properties. Flip to the screensaver tab and
> select the 'My pictures slideshow' screensaver. Hit 'settings' after this and select 'My documents'
> as the source of pictures for the screensaver. Ok your way out. Now this screensaver will display
> your pictures in 'My documents' and its subfolders.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>

> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your response and that another person, but, by my not being too
> > computer savvy, am unable to appreciate the knowledgeable responses. I Have
> > a group of pictures in "My documents". How and where do I send them to show
> > up as screensavers. Thanks again
> >
> > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You can use the 'My Pictures' screensaver which ships as a screensaver with Windows XP. You can
> >> select any folder to display the images and you can set your specific picture as the only one in
> >> one
> >> particular folder. This way, only that picture would be displayed by the screensaver.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Anando
> >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> >> http://www.mvps.org
> >>

> >> Folder customizations
> >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
> >>
> >> Protect your PC!
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
> >>

> >> "Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Glad to hear all is working fine. Have fun !