Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Logitech 5.1 issues

Last response: in Home Audio
April 24, 2010 9:06:11 PM

Hey all! I have logitech 5.1 speakers and the rear wont play unless i set my real hd audio manager to 7.1 and disable side speakers...Also if I turn the logitech matrix option on it turns off the center and sub. How do I fix this? My specs are

GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Logitech X-540 70 watts 5.1 Speakers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and Realtek HD audio manager...on board sound

Thanks all!
April 24, 2010 9:35:33 PM

and they sound crackly sometimes...like car speakers when a radio station has poor signal...
m
l
April 24, 2010 9:36:12 PM

Also just noticed matrrix seems to work fine im doing anythign other than the audio test. what exactly is matrix for?
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2010 5:00:52 PM

bump!
m
l
April 27, 2010 8:18:18 AM

Matrix from Logitech is short for Virtual Surround. It takes 2 (stereo) channels and apply the companies processing system to create multichannel sounds. This is not the same 5.1 system you get from discreet channel.

About your issue: Try reinstalling your audio manager and drivers.

For the crackles. Try to mute the mic and disable Windows control association to the audio to control the panel, you can find this under audio properties. I can't remember the exact wordings as I'm not on my computer as of the moment, so you need to do try and error. (This setting can only be found on Windows 7)
m
l
May 1, 2010 6:08:03 AM

do you mean where it says controller information? Mine says its being controlled by Realtek, not windows. Unless you meant something else?
m
l
May 3, 2010 8:25:58 AM

marxr87 said:
do you mean where it says controller information? Mine says its being controlled by Realtek, not windows. Unless you meant something else?

My mistake, it's on speaker properties advance tab. uncheck "allow applications to take exclusive controll to this device" this decreases the amount of pops when other applications working on the background while muusic playing.
m
l
!