Epson NX515 high capacity or regular ink cart?

ultima_weaponx

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
Hi, I have an Epson NX515 inkjet all-in-one printer.

I like the printer but it eats up ink fast (maybe I print a lot too).
I notice on the Epson site they have listed regular ink carts (the 69 model) and 'high-capacity' ink carts (the 68 model, yes I know it sounds backwards).

Funny enough I have found NO WHERE in help files, manual, google or youtube (sometimes it works) on just HOW MUCH EXTRA INK is in this kind of cart. Is it worth the extra $5 per colour? I have no idea.

I live in Canada so amazon.coms awesome deal means nothing to me.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks in advance

ultima_weaponx

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
Still unable to find any exact numbers on the ink volume difference between the high-capacity (T068520) and the regular capacity (T069520).

This is BS. The manufacturer went out of their way not to provide details on this. EPSON put me on hold for 20 minutes and then hung up on me when I asked. This is so frustrating!

ultima_weaponx

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
And to top things off, the lowest the High-Capacity can be found in Canada is $60 at Londondrugs.ca and for the US, at amazon.com (no, .ca doesn't even HAVE this item) it is $38. The fact that our dollars are so close to parity makes me very upset after seeing this (they don't ship to Canada)

Tom Foolery

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I weighed the full cartridges of #79 ink to 3 decimal places, and the regular and high-capacity weighed exactly the same. So did the empty ones. So, it's all BS. Look on eBay, you can find them cheaper. Be aware of the difference between genuine, compatible and refilled cartridges.