Case side cover access

On Dell Optiplex series (745, 755) how can I get access to the area between the left side cover and the motherboard mounting panel?

I hear a loose screw/nut rattling between the motherboard panel and the left case cover.

I noticed that the left side cover is riveted to the sheet metal that houses the DVD and the 3.5" drive.

Any tips to get the front plastic and the bottom plastic off will help.

Thank you!

Solution
Bust her open as per usual, and hit her with compressed air.. I work with the 755's all the time.. it's not the first time that this has happened.. you can get the little white tube right behind the mobo and blast it out... and because it's compressed air she wont harm the mobo.

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Bust her open as per usual, and hit her with compressed air.. I work with the 755's all the time.. it's not the first time that this has happened.. you can get the little white tube right behind the mobo and blast it out... and because it's compressed air she wont harm the mobo.

Solution

Thank you for your reply!

I did as you suggested, and used a can of 3M compressed air that I normally use to clean the insides of my desktops. The little white tube does get behind the mobo, but all that came out was some fuzz.

Any suggestions as to how I can get physical access to behind the mobo mounting plate? At this point, I do not want to take the mobo out of the case. It does not appear that the rattling metal parts are light enough to get blown away; but I tried!

Any non-destructive way to get the plastic parts (top, bottom, front) out so that there would be more access to the guts?

You are the only one who replied, so I am selecting you for BA