replacement for Inspiron 8100

I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?

Thanks

The 9300 is an awesome unit! I just took delivery of mine last week and I
love it. It is heavy, but it's not meant to be a "thin and light" laptop.

"Buzz" <buzzmicheal@charter.net> wrote in message
> I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
> gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
> would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?
>
> Thanks

BigJim

whatever one you get and this is just a suggestion
a pentium 4 mobil processor is the way to go.
I have a 600m and it is great, small and light.
It has a p4 m 1.6, 512meg and a 32 meg video card.

"Buzz" <buzzmicheal@charter.net> wrote in message
> I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
> gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
> would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?
>
> Thanks

Splitting hairs her, but your system has the Pentium M, a completely
different cpu from the Pentium 4-M and a much better cpu all around.

"BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> whatever one you get and this is just a suggestion
> a pentium 4 mobil processor is the way to go.
> I have a 600m and it is great, small and light.
> It has a p4 m 1.6, 512meg and a 32 meg video card.
>
> "Buzz" <buzzmicheal@charter.net> wrote in message
>> I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
>> gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
>> would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?
>>
>> Thanks

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:33:56 -0400, Buzz <buzzmicheal@charter.net>
wrote:

>I've been using an Inspiron 8100 for about 3 years. The screen has
>gone bad and I plan to replace the laptop soon. What current model
>would be simular? Is the 9300 any heavier than the 8100?

Maybe you could extend the warranty. Screen replacement is an easy 30
minutes for a tech :)

Dan

I too have the 9300. It is very, very big. I like it a lot, but wouldn't
buy it if I was going to actually carry it out of the house very often. I
have a Thinkpad X40 (2.9 pounds) for that.

You might want to look at the current model that isn't the 17" wide screen
(is that the 8600?).

I highly recommend the Dell Outlet (outlet.dell.com). I bought my very well
configured 9300 for $1240.

Tom