Unable to Connect DELL Laptop to Projector Using Fn + F7

When my DELL laptop is already running and I connect a DELL projector, using
the keys Fn+ F7 to transfer the screen on the laptop to the projector does
not work. To connect the laptop after connecting the cable to the projecter I
have to reboot each time. Any ideas that would avoid rebooting would be good.
Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about unable connect dell laptop projector

    What does the Dell Projector Owner's Manual tell you?
    Have you read it lately?
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Carl Bowman" wrote:

    > When my DELL laptop is already running and I connect a DELL projector, using
    > the keys Fn+ F7 to transfer the screen on the laptop to the projector does
    > not work. To connect the laptop after connecting the cable to the projecter I
    > have to reboot each time. Any ideas that would avoid rebooting would be good.
    > Thanks in advance.

    It says to use the Fn + F7 keys simultaneously. Any ideas? Thanks.

    "Byte" wrote:

    > What does the Dell Projector Owner's Manual tell you?
    > Have you read it lately?
    > --
    > XP-WNP
    > Today is the first day of the
    > rest of your life.
    >

    > "Carl Bowman" wrote:
    >
    > > When my DELL laptop is already running and I connect a DELL projector, using
    > > the keys Fn+ F7 to transfer the screen on the laptop to the projector does
    > > not work. To connect the laptop after connecting the cable to the projecter I
    > > have to reboot each time. Any ideas that would avoid rebooting would be good.
    > > Thanks in advance.
  3. Windows key+P works on my new XPS
  4. Quote:

    When my DELL laptop is already running and I connect a DELL projector, using
    the keys Fn+ F7 to transfer the screen on the laptop to the projector does
    not work. To connect the laptop after connecting the cable to the projecter I
    have to reboot each time. Any ideas that would avoid rebooting would be good.
    Thanks in advance.

    Windows key+P works on my new XPS this does works so thanks.

Laptops Connection Dell Projector Windows XP