Sign in with
Your question

Remote Desktop

Last response: in Windows 7
October 16, 2012 6:32:43 PM

I have a new computer at my office running Windows 7 Professional. My computer at home is running Windows 7 Ultimate. Immediately after connecting via Remote Desktop (from my office to my home), I get an eror message that says "Remote Desktop has stopped working". I didn't have this problem when my machine at the office was a Windows XP Pro machine. Any suggestions or recommendations?

More about : remote desktop

October 16, 2012 8:44:40 PM

the 2 computers need to be on the same LAN to remote desktop without any further configuration.

I can only assume that your have a VPN connection to the office. If this is the case speak to your IT department as they will need to configure the correct ports for remote desktop
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2012 3:22:41 AM

The VPN need to be setup first, it will required to consult with the IT admin for security issue....

except u are the admin itself... :D 
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2012 3:44:06 AM

have you been through this - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Connect-to-...

you do not need to be on the same LAN as d85kennedy has pointed out, and you do not have to go through a VPN as rdc85 says - each computer needs to be configured properly is all

however, setting up a VPN with the proper security will ensure a secure connection between the 2 computers
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2012 7:05:34 AM

It more like security concern for setting up VPN without VPN everyone can get into your device......

If u want a simpler ways there a program called Teamviewer it's free for personal usage, and quite simple to use
m
l
!