Inspiron 1200, $499 after rebate!

Inspiron 1200 Intel® Celeron® M Processor 350 (1.30 GHz/1MB
Cache/400MHz FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
LCD 14 inch XGA LCD Panel
Memory 256MB Shared, 1 DIMM
Video Card Integrated Graphics Card
Hard Drive 30GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive
Network Adapters Integrated Network Card
Modem Internal 56K Modem
Optical 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) WordPerfect® 12 - Word
processor only
Security Software No Security Subscription
Digital Music Musicmatch® Jukebox Basic
Primary Battery 8-Cell NiMH Primary Battery (43WHr)
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 90 Days Ltd Warranty,
90 Days Mail-In Service, and 90 Days Technical Spt
Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months Internet Access Included (Choose from
America Online or EarthLink)
Digital Photography Photo AlbumT SE Basic
Mail-in Rebate SAVE $200 with mail-in rebate! System price shown
before rebate.
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service, Support

Why buy a used laptop when you can get this for $499? Of course, that's
with a 90 day warranty but that's more than you get when you buy used. $19
gets you 1 year (mail-in) and tech support. Anybody got one of these? Is
it half decent?

"snert" <snert@bowwow.com> wrote in message
> Inspiron 1200 Intel® Celeron® M Processor 350 (1.30 GHz/1MB
> Cache/400MHz FSB)
> Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
> LCD 14 inch XGA LCD Panel
> Memory 256MB Shared, 1 DIMM
> Video Card Integrated Graphics Card
> Hard Drive 30GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive
> Network Adapters Integrated Network Card
> Modem Internal 56K Modem
> Optical 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
> Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) WordPerfect® 12 - Word
> processor only
> Security Software No Security Subscription
> Digital Music Musicmatch® Jukebox Basic
> Primary Battery 8-Cell NiMH Primary Battery (43WHr)
> Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 90 Days Ltd Warranty,
> 90 Days Mail-In Service, and 90 Days Technical Spt
> Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months Internet Access Included (Choose
from
> America Online or EarthLink)
> Digital Photography Photo AlbumT SE Basic
> Mail-in Rebate SAVE $200 with mail-in rebate! System price shown
> before rebate.
> Miscellaneous Award Winning Service, Support
>

> Why buy a used laptop when you can get this for $499? Of course, that's
> with a 90 day warranty but that's more than you get when you buy used.
$19
> gets you 1 year (mail-in) and tech support. Anybody got one of these? Is
> it half decent?

Damn, it looks like the $200 rebate has expired. Oh well. The refurb site
has Inspiron 1000s for $479 with a 2 yr warranty.

I paid $942 for my Inspiron 9300. Free shipping. It's an awesome machine
and the screen (17") is incredible. You can find some deals for up to $750
off Inspirons priced over $1500.