Why xp hang up?

Is there some way to understand what fails and why xp hang up on the latest
closing screenù?

thanks Andrea
5 answers Last reply
More about hang

    Andrea Moro wrote:
    > Is there some way to understand what fails and why xp hang up on the latest
    > closing screenù?
    >
    > thanks Andrea

    You haven't given much information. Here is a general shutdown
    troubleshooter:

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    Also clean boot troubleshooting:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    > You haven't given much information. Here is a general shutdown
    > troubleshooter:

    Unfortunately I haven't. It could be the panda antivirus? I saw that panda
    logo stays on the screen while it became freezed.

    Andrea

    Andrea Moro wrote:

    >> You haven't given much information. Here is a general shutdown
    >> troubleshooter:
    >
    > Unfortunately I haven't. It could be the panda antivirus? I saw that
    > panda logo stays on the screen while it became freezed.
    >
    > Andrea

    Check for malware:

    Go through the shutdown troubleshooter Rock gave you.

    Or take the machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your
    local equivalent of BigStoreUSA). There is no shame in doing this.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    The computer has just been installed. I did it two hours ago. I exclude the
    malware-virus presence.

    Thanks
    Andrea

    Andrea Moro wrote:

    > The computer has just been installed. I did it two hours ago. I
    > exclude the malware-virus presence.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Andrea

    Did you install all the drivers? Information on drivers:

    Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

    1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
    2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
    3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
    computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

    Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
    drivers.

    If you installed all the drivers from a good source, then go through the
    shutdown troubleshooter and/or the clean-boot troubleshooting.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com