Why xp hang up?

August 9, 2005 12:17:53 AM

Is there some way to understand what fails and why xp hang up on the latest
closing screenù?

thanks Andrea

More about : hang

August 9, 2005 12:17:54 AM

Andrea Moro wrote:
> Is there some way to understand what fails and why xp hang up on the latest
> closing screenù?
>
> thanks Andrea

You haven't given much information. Here is a general shutdown
troubleshooter:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

Also clean boot troubleshooting:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

> You haven't given much information. Here is a general shutdown
> troubleshooter:

Unfortunately I haven't. It could be the panda antivirus? I saw that panda
logo stays on the screen while it became freezed.

Andrea
Related resources
August 9, 2005 3:30:05 PM

Andrea Moro wrote:

>> You haven't given much information. Here is a general shutdown
>> troubleshooter:
>
> Unfortunately I haven't. It could be the panda antivirus? I saw that
> panda logo stays on the screen while it became freezed.
>
> Andrea

Check for malware:
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing...

Go through the shutdown troubleshooter Rock gave you.

Or take the machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your
local equivalent of BigStoreUSA). There is no shame in doing this.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

The computer has just been installed. I did it two hours ago. I exclude the
malware-virus presence.

Thanks
Andrea
August 9, 2005 8:13:08 PM

Andrea Moro wrote:

> The computer has just been installed. I did it two hours ago. I
> exclude the malware-virus presence.
>
> Thanks
> Andrea

Did you install all the drivers? Information on drivers:

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
drivers.

If you installed all the drivers from a good source, then go through the
shutdown troubleshooter and/or the clean-boot troubleshooting.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
!