Major blue chip PC manufacturers

It's been a while since I checked the following out, as I have built my
own PC systems for many years....

Which of the major PC manufacturers, such as HP-Compaq, Dell, IBM use
proprietary mainboards, PSUs and other components in their desktop systems?

The answer is that they all use some proprietary content in their systems. It
all depends on the chassis size... Ben Myers

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:38:01 +0000 (UTC), RedSheraton <redsheraton@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>It's been a while since I checked the following out, as I have built my
>own PC systems for many years....
>
>Which of the major PC manufacturers, such as HP-Compaq, Dell, IBM use
>proprietary mainboards, PSUs and other components in their desktop systems?

And they all have some models which are not proprietary at all, if one considers
that the smallish ATX-12V power supplies are not proprietary. Gone are the days
when a single power supply form factor was considered standard... Ben Myers