What's the correct way to install the new MSBN utility?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I have not updated mine yet, and am fearful to do so,
since it took me a whiile to get the older version to
work o.k. on my other desktop and laptop (MN-730 & MN-
720).
Can somebody list a correct step-by-step installation of
this update so that we can hopefully reduce problems for
us.

Thanks,
Rick

Disable any software firewall you have and anti-virus,
like Norton Personal Firewall and Norton Anti-Virus.

Simply run the utility MSBNDownload.exe

After the router updates firmware, I'd do a hard reset by
pressing and holding restore button on router for about
20 seconds.

Re-enter settings manually, do not restore from file.