Add Icon to Control Panel

August 8, 2005 7:11:04 PM

Before XPS Pro (Win 95,98,98SE) I always had a TweakUI icon in Control
Panel...now I do not and have tried everything I could think of to add
it..no luck

Naturally have one jon desktop and one in MyStuff folder on desktop

FWIW: Dell Tech with Dell XPS Elite Support Group, now outsourced to India,
says impossible.

Is it possible to put one in controll panel?

Thanks in advance

More about : add icon control panel

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 7:11:05 PM

Adds TweakUI for Windows XP to the Control Panel
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_addtweak.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"oldad" wrote:

| Before XPS Pro (Win 95,98,98SE) I always had a TweakUI icon in Control
| Panel...now I do not and have tried everything I could think of to add
| it..no luck
|
| Naturally have one jon desktop and one in MyStuff folder on desktop
|
| FWIW: Dell Tech with Dell XPS Elite Support Group, now outsourced to India,
| says impossible.
|
| Is it possible to put one in controll panel?
|
| Thanks in advance
August 8, 2005 9:57:49 PM

For: Carey and Detleyv

Thanks much..

just learned something new.

oldad
Regards.

"oldad" <ppswan@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Before XPS Pro (Win 95,98,98SE) I always had a TweakUI icon in Control
> Panel...now I do not and have tried everything I could think of to add
> it..no luck
>
> Naturally have one jon desktop and one in MyStuff folder on desktop
>
> FWIW: Dell Tech with Dell XPS Elite Support Group, now outsourced to
> India, says impossible.
>
> Is it possible to put one in controll panel?
>
> Thanks in advance

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:20:03 PM

"oldad" <ppswan@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Before XPS Pro (Win 95,98,98SE) I always had a TweakUI icon in Control
> Panel...now I do not and have tried everything I could think of to add
> it..no luck

Install TweakUI (XP version) first:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

Next: "Add XP TweakUI Icon to the Control Panel"

d-d
!