Monitor

a b C Monitor
August 8, 2005 5:03:01 PM

There are lines across the top of my screen and anything
within the lines is distorted. I've done everything i know to
fix it. Is my monitor shot?

More about : monitor

August 8, 2005 5:12:43 PM

Borrow another one and see if it has the same appearance. If it does then
the video card and/or the cable is bad.

"Danny C" <Danny C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are lines across the top of my screen and anything
> within the lines is distorted. I've done everything i know to
> fix it. Is my monitor shot?
August 8, 2005 7:13:11 PM

"Danny C" <Danny C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are lines across the top of my screen and anything
> within the lines is distorted. I've done everything i know to
> fix it. Is my monitor shot?

No use your monitor controls to move your image up until they disappear
(vertical up).
Related resources
August 9, 2005 12:09:52 AM

Danny C wrote:
> There are lines across the top of my screen and anything
> within the lines is distorted. I've done everything i know to
> fix it. Is my monitor shot?

What have you tried?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 9, 2005 12:09:53 AM

"Gordon" wrote:

> Danny C wrote:
> > There are lines across the top of my screen and anything
> > within the lines is distorted. I've done everything i know to
> > fix it. Is my monitor shot?
>
> What have you tried?
>

>I reinstalled graphics drivers,system restore,Msconfig with only
essntial stuff,rebooted with last known good config,
changed network card,unpluged. I was watching a down loaded movie
when it started.
August 9, 2005 1:55:03 AM

Danny C wrote:
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> Danny C wrote:
>>> There are lines across the top of my screen and anything
>>> within the lines is distorted. I've done everything i know to
>>> fix it. Is my monitor shot?
>>
>> What have you tried?
>>

>> I reinstalled graphics drivers,system restore,Msconfig with only
> essntial stuff,rebooted with last known good config,
> changed network card,unpluged. I was watching a down loaded movie
> when it started.

Have you tried looking on the manufacturers website for any updated drivers?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 9, 2005 1:55:04 AM

Dumb question. You haven't by any chance moved anything near the monitor or
set something on top of it like speakers? Anything with magnets?

!