TAF Mystery: Orange not Yellow on the cab?

I just received a spectacular HUO TAF from Gameroom Warehouse. What I
haven't seen before is that the cabinet artwork is orange where I've always
seen it yellow. It's screened, not a decal, and does not appear to be faded
as it's uniform everywhere (and I don't think yellow would fade to orange
anyway).

Here are photos of my regular "yellow" TAF and my new orange TAF:

http://www.thepecks.com/TAF1.jpg
http://www.thepecks.com/TAF2.jpg
http://www.thepecks.com/TAF3.jpg
http://www.thepecks.com/TAF4.jpg

If it's any help, the s/n is 20017 060358 and the DOM is 92125. I think
this translates to Monday May 4, 1992 -- which would put it well into normal
production. Maybe this was just a fluke at the screener where they used the
wrong color on cabs that day? Well, at least if it *does* fade it should
fade to yellow ;-)

FYI, I snagged it on eBay for $3995 -- it was a bit of a gamble as I've seen
mixed reviews and they didn't have proof of HUO ownership. But seeing the
game in person, it looks brand new -- incredible condition. The only flaw
was a chip in the chair hole, which they repaired for me before shipping it
out.

Randy

Dude, you got screwed, cut your losses. Sell it to me for 2800. I can
paypal right away :>)

Just kidding, Pretty cool to have something that is a bit different
that others.

Congrats on a great find!!! Glad you like my creation ;-)

PL

Randy P. wrote:
> I just received a spectacular HUO TAF from Gameroom Warehouse. What I
> haven't seen before is that the cabinet artwork is orange where I've always
> seen it yellow. It's screened, not a decal, and does not appear to be faded
> as it's uniform everywhere (and I don't think yellow would fade to orange
> anyway).
>
> Here are photos of my regular "yellow" TAF and my new orange TAF:
>
> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF1.jpg
> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF2.jpg
> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF3.jpg
> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF4.jpg
>
> If it's any help, the s/n is 20017 060358 and the DOM is 92125. I think
> this translates to Monday May 4, 1992 -- which would put it well into normal
> production. Maybe this was just a fluke at the screener where they used the
> wrong color on cabs that day? Well, at least if it *does* fade it should
> fade to yellow ;-)
>
> FYI, I snagged it on eBay for $3995 -- it was a bit of a gamble as I've seen
> mixed reviews and they didn't have proof of HUO ownership. But seeing the
> game in person, it looks brand new -- incredible condition. The only flaw
> was a chip in the chair hole, which they repaired for me before shipping it
> out.
>
> Randy

Hey, thanks "Pat"!!! ;-)

Randy

"PL" <soslios@msn.com> wrote in message
> Congrats on a great find!!! Glad you like my creation ;-)
>
> PL
>

> Randy P. wrote:
>> I just received a spectacular HUO TAF from Gameroom Warehouse. What I
>> haven't seen before is that the cabinet artwork is orange where I've
>> always
>> seen it yellow. It's screened, not a decal, and does not appear to be
>> faded
>> as it's uniform everywhere (and I don't think yellow would fade to orange
>> anyway).
>>
>> Here are photos of my regular "yellow" TAF and my new orange TAF:
>>
>> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF1.jpg
>> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF2.jpg
>> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF3.jpg
>> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF4.jpg
>>
>> If it's any help, the s/n is 20017 060358 and the DOM is 92125. I think
>> this translates to Monday May 4, 1992 -- which would put it well into
>> normal
>> production. Maybe this was just a fluke at the screener where they used
>> the
>> wrong color on cabs that day? Well, at least if it *does* fade it should
>> fade to yellow ;-)
>>
>> FYI, I snagged it on eBay for $3995 -- it was a bit of a gamble as I've
>> seen
>> mixed reviews and they didn't have proof of HUO ownership. But seeing
>> the
>> game in person, it looks brand new -- incredible condition. The only
>> flaw
>> was a chip in the chair hole, which they repaired for me before shipping
>> it
>> out.
>>
>> Randy

don't think it's a mystery...

creatures, funhouses and tons of others that come thru my hands unfaded all
have different tints or shades... just think it depends if you got one off a
certain run or near the beginning or end of printing ?!

or they did some nice airbrushing and pulled one over on you ? i'll give ya
2500 and take the gamble and check it over for ya ! hit me with your paypal
address and i'll get the bennies on the way ;-)

--
CREECH Repro Ramp PRE-ORDER

www.sweetpinballz.com
"Randy P." <pinball@REMOVEthepecks.com> wrote in message
> I just received a spectacular HUO TAF from Gameroom Warehouse. What I
> haven't seen before is that the cabinet artwork is orange where I've
always
> seen it yellow. It's screened, not a decal, and does not appear to be
faded
> as it's uniform everywhere (and I don't think yellow would fade to orange
> anyway).
>
> Here are photos of my regular "yellow" TAF and my new orange TAF:
>
> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF1.jpg
> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF2.jpg
> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF3.jpg
> http://www.thepecks.com/TAF4.jpg
>
> If it's any help, the s/n is 20017 060358 and the DOM is 92125. I think
> this translates to Monday May 4, 1992 -- which would put it well into
normal
> production. Maybe this was just a fluke at the screener where they used
the
> wrong color on cabs that day? Well, at least if it *does* fade it should
> fade to yellow ;-)
>
> FYI, I snagged it on eBay for $3995 -- it was a bit of a gamble as I've
seen
> mixed reviews and they didn't have proof of HUO ownership. But seeing the
> game in person, it looks brand new -- incredible condition. The only flaw
> was a chip in the chair hole, which they repaired for me before shipping
it
> out.
>
> Randy

True. Remember the mystery of the different colored eyes on cftbl cabs?
:) Probably just different runs using a slightly different dye lot.

gman3 wrote:
> don't think it's a mystery...
>
> creatures, funhouses and tons of others that come thru my hands unfaded all
> have different tints or shades... just think it depends if you got one off a
> certain run or near the beginning or end of printing ?!
>
> or they did some nice airbrushing and pulled one over on you ? i'll give ya
> 2500 and take the gamble and check it over for ya ! hit me with your paypal
> address and i'll get the bennies on the way ;-)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!