New Dell Feature?

What do you think of this?

http://oppressive.net/dell/

"James Fricasee" <none@none.invalid> wrote:
>http://oppressive.net/dell/

Oh, sure, Dell routinely puts $100 peripherals into systems without
telling anyone about them. I especially like the "Programmable
Interrupt Controller" for PIC16F876. I was also impressed by
"Googling this hardware yielded a hit to..."

Dunno about the 600M, but there certainly isn't enough room in my
Latitude D600 for anything like that, and the keyboard on every laptop
I've ever seen is a flat cable...

You can manufacture a conspiracy just about anywhere!

"James Fricasee" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
> What do you think of this?
>
> http://oppressive.net/dell/

So what would it take to devise a reader for this device to determine if it
has indeed logged keystrokes?
It would still be interesting to get a written response from Dell. And if
it is a recording device, sue them.

snert wrote:

> "James Fricasee" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
> > What do you think of this?
> >
> > http://oppressive.net/dell/
>
> So what would it take to devise a reader for this device to determine if it
> has indeed logged keystrokes?
> It would still be interesting to get a written response from Dell. And if
> it is a recording device, sue them.

You'd first have to prove that Dell placed it there.

Wendy's chili finger ring a bell?

Notan

> snert wrote:
> >
> > "James Fricasee" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
> > > What do you think of this?
> > >
> > > http://oppressive.net/dell/
> >
> > So what would it take to devise a reader for this device to determine if
it
> > has indeed logged keystrokes?
> > It would still be interesting to get a written response from Dell. And
if
> > it is a recording device, sue them.
>
> You'd first have to prove that Dell placed it there.
>
> Wendy's chili finger ring a bell?
>
> Notan

If you order a Dell laptop and find one, I guess that Dell would be a pretty
good starting point. Of course, that's if this isn't some kind of childish
prank by the OP. If it is then I would suspect they are exposing themselves
legally.

"snert" <snert@bowwow.com> wrote in message

> If you order a Dell laptop and find one, I guess that Dell would be a
> pretty
> good starting point. Of course, that's if this isn't some kind of
> childish
> prank by the OP. If it is then I would suspect they are exposing
> themselves
> legally.

Well, as the OP, all I can tell you is I saw the link on alt.privacy and
thought I'd bring it over here.
I do like the Wendy's Finger analogy. Makes me feel better :).

> "snert" <snert@bowwow.com> wrote in message
> >
> > If you order a Dell laptop and find one, I guess that Dell would be a
> > pretty
> > good starting point. Of course, that's if this isn't some kind of
> > childish
> > prank by the OP. If it is then I would suspect they are exposing
> > themselves
> > legally.
>
> Well, as the OP, all I can tell you is I saw the link on alt.privacy and
> thought I'd bring it over here.
> I do like the Wendy's Finger analogy. Makes me feel better :).

Maybe you should do additional investigation via inquiries to
adam@oppressive.net ?
Maybe he is being monitored by law enforcement?
Or maybe this is all a way to advertise for this company and its products?

"James Fricasee" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message news:42b213b2$0$27639$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net...
> What do you think of this?
>
> http://oppressive.net/dell/

Well, the first picture certainly doesn't appear to be shrink wrap around the
device shown in the next three pictures. Speaking of which, they appear to
have been lifted from an earlier review of a KeyGhost logger:

http://www.dansdata.com/keyghost.htm

Same goes for the description of the board components. Smells
contrived to me.

Yikes! Guess that's another thing to consider when buying a laptop.
Andy

texaseitz@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Yikes! Guess that's another thing to consider when buying a laptop.

One idiot posts something on the internet and it must be true. Wanna buy
a bridge?

Bob

maybe it is the keyboard buffer? For those fast typists

Wayne

Bob Levine wrote:

> texaseitz@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>
> > Yikes! Guess that's another thing to consider when buying a laptop.
>
> One idiot posts something on the internet and it must be true. Wanna
> buy a bridge?
>
> Bob

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

I have never heard so much BOLLOXS in all my life do you really think dell
are that interested in any user ?this really does rank along the lines of
Neil Armstrong didn't walk on the moon, MI% killed Diana and the rest of the
conspiracy theories.

"Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> MI% killed Diana and the rest of the

Well, someone did.

9-11 was a put-up job as well.

"Spammy Sammy" <Someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> MI% killed Diana and the rest of the
>
> Well, someone did.
>
> 9-11 was a put-up job as well.

http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon244.swf

is quite excellent

bill

Is pretentious bs. Besides being way outside the purpose of this NG.

Have you ever had to assist the NTSB after a plane crash? I have,
there just ain't that much left, lots and lots of little pieces of
people and metal.

God people who think they are smart reall are dumb.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:30:42 GMT, "Nick Cleevely"
<postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>"Spammy Sammy" <Someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> MI% killed Diana and the rest of the
>>
>> Well, someone did.
>>
>> 9-11 was a put-up job as well.
>>

>http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon244.swf
>
>is quite excellent

A lot of fiction is "quite excellent".
This on the other hand is horrible fiction and in very bad taste.

As for the plane not being found, if you fail to look at all the available
pictures and information, that may seem true.
If you ignore the dynamics of even a large plane hitting such a reinforced
building more fantasy can appear true.

No Nick, it is not excellent at all except for those willing to get their
information from any source willing to put it in small enough bites to
quickly digest.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Nick Cleevely" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon244.swf
>
> is quite excellent

"James Fricasee" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
| What do you think of this?
|
| http://oppressive.net/dell/

Likely BS as FOIA applies ONLY to government records. YMMV

Notan wrote:

> While there are quite a number of Americans that are as offended by
> "the ugly American" as you, that fact has absolutely no bearing on
> the political drivel you're shoveling into this thread.
>
> Take it to a place that cares.
>
> Notan

But their stomachs?

They are quite phenomenal? And they seem to want to wander around
shouting things like "Missourri, whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in an
annoyingly loud voice?

Please explain the American mentality to me, I'm keen to learn.

Genuinely.

You mean banning computers from the USA?

I'm not sure that's gonna work are you?

"Nick Cleevely" <stacey.frobisher@webtribe.net> wrote in message

> Notan wrote:
>>
>> While there are quite a number of Americans that are as offended by
>> "the ugly American" as you, that fact has absolutely no bearing on
>> the political drivel you're shoveling into this thread.
>>
>> Take it to a place that cares.
>>
>> Notan
>
> But their stomachs?
>
> They are quite phenomenal? And they seem to want to wander around
> shouting things like "Missourri, whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in an
> annoyingly loud voice?
>
> Please explain the American mentality to me, I'm keen to learn.
>
> Genuinely.

Nice trolling, old boy.

We believe in modern dentistry, for one thing..

I'm curious, since we're speaking in stereotypes and generalities, why do
all of you have such bad, crooked teeth?

Pip pip cheerio and all that sort of rot, dude.

Stew

bill

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:00:33 -0500, "S.Lewis"
<stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote:

>We believe in modern dentistry, for one thing..

Quite a good rejoinder, what? Spot on and all that.

Nick Cleevely wrote:

> <DRIVEL SNIPPED>

Sometimes I really long for the days when you needed some intelligence
to own and use a computer.

Bob