XPS support

Al

Although Dell systems are generally good, I would strongly recommend the NO
ONE buys an XPS system. Dell has chosen to segregate support to a different
queue. Each time I call I spend hours on hold in queue being continually
routed to the wrong queue and not getting any support.

If you want headaches and frustration, buy an XPS. Of course if your lucky
and don't need service you be ok. BTW, you can't even get parts missing
in your shipment, without going through the tech support queue.

I have an XPS Gen 3. I needed a new heatsink and a cpu fan. I sent them
one email and they responded within a couple of hours. The next day a tech
arrived to replace the parts. What is so frustrating about that?

Do you have details or are you trolling?

"Al" <dvst8@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> Although Dell systems are generally good, I would strongly recommend the
> NO ONE buys an XPS system. Dell has chosen to segregate support to a
> different queue. Each time I call I spend hours on hold in queue being
> continually routed to the wrong queue and not getting any support.
>
> If you want headaches and frustration, buy an XPS. Of course if your
> lucky and don't need service you be ok. BTW, you can't even get parts
> missing in your shipment, without going through the tech support queue.

I have the Inspiron XPS. Love it. :) no problems but glad to know you
can get the proper help.

Joan

WSZsr wrote:
> I have an XPS Gen 3. I needed a new heatsink and a cpu fan. I sent them
> one email and they responded within a couple of hours. The next day a tech
> arrived to replace the parts. What is so frustrating about that?
>
> Do you have details or are you trolling?
>

> "Al" <dvst8@videotron.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Although Dell systems are generally good, I would strongly recommend the
>>NO ONE buys an XPS system. Dell has chosen to segregate support to a
>>different queue. Each time I call I spend hours on hold in queue being
>>continually routed to the wrong queue and not getting any support.
>>
>>If you want headaches and frustration, buy an XPS. Of course if your
>>lucky and don't need service you be ok. BTW, you can't even get parts
>>missing in your shipment, without going through the tech support queue.

Al

O I am definitely not just trolling and I have lots of details. I own an
Inspiron as well and had outstanding service. That is why I bought 2 more
Dell's and why I (used to? ) recommend my customers purchase Dell.

I finally had a service call on Friday and they replaced my graphics card.
Coincidently, I tried to burn a cd today and found my DVD RW was totally
dead.

I spent >4 hours today (from 10:00am - 2:15pm) trying to get someone to
create a dispatch. Same thing. I have a copy of an email detailing the
situation to Dell
sales manager in January, clearly no action taken. I was supposed to have a
management call back on Friday, but of course that did not happen.

An aquaintence bought a Dell XPS and tried for a year before they replaced a
monitor that was badly out of focus.

I should mention that I am dealing with Dell Canada. Perhaps the US is
better however note: They advertise a "special queue" for XPS support. It
is not open the same hours as the regular Dimension and Inspiron queues,
from what I have experienced.

If you have a direct number other than 1-800-847-4096, or 1-800-624-9896, or
1800-822-8965 all of which route you all around the far east never to find
a support person willing to talk about XPS, I be happy to hear it.

You had 1 good experience, and I have had a couple with Inspirons. I have
yet to have a trouble free experience with XPS.

I believe that there maybe an error in the programming of my express service
code that routes me to the wrong place, but no one has been able to fix
it.

Hope your luck holds up.