Twilight zone clock - pin lizard led's but still broken.

I have a twilight zone that has the new pin lizard led clock board. My
p[roblem is this ... after an hour or so of play the clock starts ticking,
i get a credit dot that says the clock is broken. If you let it cool for 15
minutes or so you can play again but i will heat up and error in about 1/2
hour... do i need to replace the optos on the new board??? or could iu have
some other problem?
rich z

It is possible for new parts to fail. Easy thing to start with the next time
it acts up, go into clock test and run the hands around and see what if any
optos are failing.

Now lots of things can cause problems. The connectors involving the clock, a
poor connection can gum things up.

And the clock optos are part of your switch matrix. You could have a loose
wire or poor connection at another switch causing you problems. A good
example is the clock millions target, two white wires with a violet stripe.
One comes off and a lot of your game's optos go down including some in the
clock. LTG :)

"Zello" <rzelano@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a twilight zone that has the new pin lizard led clock board. My
> p[roblem is this ... after an hour or so of play the clock starts
ticking,
> i get a credit dot that says the clock is broken. If you let it cool for
15
> minutes or so you can play again but i will heat up and error in about 1/2
> hour... do i need to replace the optos on the new board??? or could iu
have
> some other problem?
> rich z

Are you positive the boards are Pinball Lizard boards, and
if so, have you attempted to contact Joel & Vickie?

The clock is supposed to "tick" when it is attempting
to set itself to the current time. This is normal if the
feature is set to do so.

I seriously doubt you have a heat related problem with your
clock, but you could have some other problem, or perhaps
a damaged component.

--
Fred
TX

"Zello" <rzelano@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:KwGte.50605$iU.11145@lakeread05...
> I have a twilight zone that has the new pin lizard led clock board. My
> p[roblem is this ... after an hour or so of play the clock starts ticking,
> i get a credit dot that says the clock is broken. If you let it cool for 15
> minutes or so you can play again but i will heat up and error in about 1/2
> hour... do i need to replace the optos on the new board??? or could iu have
> some other problem?
> rich z

I've had a PinLiz clock board in my TZ for about a year and a half.
Never had any problems once it's on, but every once in a while I get
the ole "clock is broken" error on bootup. If it ever happens, it
always goes away after a game. I probably need to clean the optos with
alcohol.

Ben

I would check the connectors underneath first. You may have a loose
wire. Then I would check and make sure the hour hand tab is closing the
optos properly.

--

Rob