Stevec

Distinguished
May 25, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.apps,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I was trying to do an MSI installment on a Win98 SE computer and it gives me
the message program.exe not found. I tried to install the latest Windows
Installer 3.1 but it is for WinNT, 2000, and XP. I tried to install the
Win98 version 2 but it gives me the message that it is already installed.
Anyone have any help for me.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.apps,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Try removing the current MSI installer package with this utility:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

then reinstall the version 2 MSI installer package.

"SteveC" <src@conklan.us> wrote in message
>I was trying to do an MSI installment on a Win98 SE computer and it gives
>me the message program.exe not found. I tried to install the latest
>Windows Installer 3.1 but it is for WinNT, 2000, and XP. I tried to
>install the Win98 version 2 but it gives me the message that it is already
>installed. Anyone have any help for me.

Stevec

Distinguished
May 25, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.apps,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks for response. I tried it but it didn't seem to uninstall anything.
When I attempted to reinstall MSI installer, it stated again that it was
already present.
> Try removing the current MSI installer package with this utility:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
>
> then reinstall the version 2 MSI installer package.

> * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
> * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
>

> "SteveC" <src@conklan.us> wrote in message
>>I was trying to do an MSI installment on a Win98 SE computer and it gives
>>me the message program.exe not found. I tried to install the latest
>>Windows Installer 3.1 but it is for WinNT, 2000, and XP. I tried to
>>install the Win98 version 2 but it gives me the message that it is already
>>installed. Anyone have any help for me.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.apps,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

The only other thing I can suggest would be to search the Microsoft
Knowledge Base and find any articles about uninstalling and reinstalling MSI
Installer. Remove and reinstall has always worked when I needed it.

Sorry.