Chipset in Inspiton 1150

I have an inspiron 1150 / Mobile Pentium 4 2.66GHz 533Mhz FSB.
Anyone knows what chipset this laptop has?
CPU-Z says it is i855GM/GME. In Device Manager: Intel 82852/82855
GM/GME/PM/GMV.
I saved a dump from the registers with CPU-Z and checked the 855GM/GME
Datasheet. In the CAPID (Capability Identification Register), Offset
0x40 shows that It is an Intel 855GME GMCH. What is strange is that
855GM/GME are Centrino chipsets (for Pentium/Celeron M) and they only
supports 400MHz FSB.

<hddsite@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an inspiron 1150 / Mobile Pentium 4 2.66GHz 533Mhz FSB.
> Anyone knows what chipset this laptop has?
> CPU-Z says it is i855GM/GME. In Device Manager: Intel 82852/82855
> GM/GME/PM/GMV.
> I saved a dump from the registers with CPU-Z and checked the 855GM/GME
> Datasheet. In the CAPID (Capability Identification Register), Offset
> 0x40 shows that It is an Intel 855GME GMCH. What is strange is that
> 855GM/GME are Centrino chipsets (for Pentium/Celeron M) and they only
> supports 400MHz FSB.

The original Inspirion 1150 had a problem with overheating, so I believe
they went to a different chipset in later versions. I believe they went
from P4s to Celeron M. You might call Dell and see if they can determine
what you have via your serial number.

Bobby

It's an Intel 852GMV.

The system uses the mobile P4 and mobile Celeron - not the Pentium-M or
Celeron-M.