Audio starts and stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenn2318

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Hello,
Just installed ATI Radeon HD 5750 I have a good HD quality and on netflix and the audio is good but any other like Huli, CNN, YouTube if I watch in full screen the audio starts and stops if I watch small screen the audio works fine. Uninstalled drivers reinstalled, tried everything Hulu said too. Lost! Any one can help.

RAM memory issue, is there enough RAM, and is the RAM installed in the correct slots?
What type of Motherboard is it?
Processor issue, is there enough cache memory, what is the processor percent reading at full screen? What type processor is it? What OS is it?
Push control alt delete and read your processor percent as the video streams, does the processor go 100% when the audio dropout occurs?
Does the system do the same thing when a DVD is played, is the internet streaming through a hub, or is the computer connected directly to the internet modem? Is this DSL internet or cable?
When problems occur at full screen and not at smaller screen, the issue is frequently caused by not enough cache or RAM memory, or the internet hub cannot switch, buffer the stream fast enough.

glenn2318

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
I upgraded from ATI Radeon x300 to ATI Radeon HD 5750 with the old card no Audio problems. I have Vista Home Premium service pack 2, Intel ® Pentium ® D CPU 3.00 GHz 1 GB RAM 32- bit operating system. Processes: 54 CPU Usage:56 Physical Memory: 69 I know I am short on Ram and I have more coming in the mail. I am on wireless cable, DVD and Netflix works fine. And everything worked before before I upgraded to the ATI HD 5750

1. Skip the wireless, plug your computer directly into the cable modem, does the problem go away? Hubs and routers cause this type of problem all the time.
2. Download Radeon drivers from the AMD website, and from the manufacturers website, BUT delete ALL the existing drivers, including CCC, before installing the new ones.
3. my computer>control panel>add remove software> delete any/ all unused, un-needed software to free up more system resources. Usually you can do without quite a bit of the junk software, this will free up RAM too, and take a load off the processor.
4. Install 3 GB RAM at least, increase audio buffer settings storage amount.
5. my computer>right click C drive > left click properties> left click hardware> left click properties> left click policies> uncheck box: "enable write cache to disk"
A new ATI card will have bugs. It may take the manufacturer several updates to cure the bugs. You may need to wait some time before all the built in bugs are solved.
Don't give up but have patience to work through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.