How to uninstall program not in add/ remove programs list

Hi

I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has no
uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself touch
typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
can install it clean again??

Thanks in advance for your help
More about uninstall program remove programs list

    You may use external uninstaller program like Advanced Uninstaller
    Pro(http://www.innovative-sol.com/) or you may manually do it if you can find
    the uninstall media usually stored in the installation folder of the program
    in "program files".

    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=214704&sd=RMVP
    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    "John" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
    > program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has no
    > uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself touch
    > typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
    > can install it clean again??
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help

    Hi John. Download 'Add/Remove Pro' a free utility at: http://www.superwin.com/index.htm click on 'freeware' in the right hand column.
    It will do everything and more that you need to do very very easily.
    This site also does not download adware or spyware when you use there stuff.........It has helped me any number of times. Regards. deango
    John wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently.
    > The program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and
    > it has no uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called
    > Teach yourself touch typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way
    > of getting rid of it so I can install it clean again??
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help

    John, go to C:\Program Files and delete the Accutech Folder. It may have
    a different name. Then go to Start>Run type:
    regedit and click Ok. Navigate to HKey_Local_Machine\Software
    delete the Accutech folder there. Then repeat at
    Hkey_Current_User\Software. You can do a search for Accutech and
    delete anything pertaining to it.
    > Hi
    >
    > I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
    > program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has
    > no
    > uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself
    > touch
    > typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
    > can install it clean again??
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help

    How old is this program?
    Why do you need to uninstall / clean install, is it not working?
    Before delving in the registry you could try reinstalling it.

    > Hi
    >
    > I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
    > program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has
    no
    > uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself
    touch
    > typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
    > can install it clean again??
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help

    Can you supply the URL for the download?
    Someone may have a look for you.......

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:49:34 -0700, "John"
    <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
    >program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has no
    >uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself touch
    >typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
    >can install it clean again??
    >
    >Thanks in advance for your help

    Thanks for your help. I have today received an email from the company that
    makes the software and he says that i have to "Simply delete the folder in
    program files and delete the program group from on the start menu". Will
    give this a go but if it fails I will download the removal software you guys
    have suggested.

    Not sure what he means by delete the program group from on the start
    menu.Does he mean delete the program icon from the start menu?

    ..

    -- J

    "deango" wrote:

    > Hi John. Download 'Add/Remove Pro' a free utility at: http://www.superwin.com/index.htm click on 'freeware' in the right hand column.
    > It will do everything and more that you need to do very very easily.
    > This site also does not download adware or spyware when you use there stuff.........It has helped me any number of times. Regards. deango
    > John wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently.
    > > The program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and
    > > it has no uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called
    > > Teach yourself touch typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way
    > > of getting rid of it so I can install it clean again??
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for your help

    yes

    > Thanks for your help. I have today received an email from the company that
    > makes the software and he says that i have to "Simply delete the folder in
    > program files and delete the program group from on the start menu". Will
    > give this a go but if it fails I will download the removal software you
    guys
    > have suggested.
    >
    > Not sure what he means by delete the program group from on the start
    > menu.Does he mean delete the program icon from the start menu?
    >
    > .
    >
    > -- J
    >

    > "deango" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi John. Download 'Add/Remove Pro' a free utility at:
    http://www.superwin.com/index.htm click on 'freeware' in the right hand
    column.
    > > It will do everything and more that you need to do very very easily.
    > > This site also does not download adware or spyware when you use there
    stuff.........It has helped me any number of times. Regards. deango
    > > John wrote:
    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently.
    > > > The program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and
    > > > it has no uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called
    > > > Teach yourself touch typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way
    > > > of getting rid of it so I can install it clean again??
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance for your help

Microsoft Windows XP