How to uninstall program not in add/ remove programs list

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi

I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has no
uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself touch
typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
can install it clean again??

Thanks in advance for your help

You may use external uninstaller program like Advanced Uninstaller
Pro(http://www.innovative-sol.com/) or you may manually do it if you can find
the uninstall media usually stored in the installation folder of the program
in "program files".

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=214704&sd=RMVP
--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

"John" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
> program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has no
> uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself touch
> typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
> can install it clean again??
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

Hi John. Download 'Add/Remove Pro' a free utility at: http://www.superwin.com/index.htm click on 'freeware' in the right hand column.
It will do everything and more that you need to do very very easily.
This site also does not download adware or spyware when you use there stuff.........It has helped me any number of times. Regards. deango
John wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently.
> The program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and
> it has no uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called
> Teach yourself touch typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way
> of getting rid of it so I can install it clean again??
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

John, go to C:\Program Files and delete the Accutech Folder. It may have
a different name. Then go to Start>Run type:
regedit and click Ok. Navigate to HKey_Local_Machine\Software
delete the Accutech folder there. Then repeat at
Hkey_Current_User\Software. You can do a search for Accutech and
delete anything pertaining to it.
> Hi
>
> I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
> program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has
> no
> uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself
> touch
> typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
> can install it clean again??
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

dl

How old is this program?
Why do you need to uninstall / clean install, is it not working?
Before delving in the registry you could try reinstalling it.

> Hi
>
> I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
> program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has
no
> uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself
touch
> typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
> can install it clean again??
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

Can you supply the URL for the download?
Someone may have a look for you.......

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:49:34 -0700, "John"
<John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently. The
>program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and it has no
>uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called Teach yourself touch
>typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way of getting rid of it so I
>can install it clean again??
>
>Thanks in advance for your help

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Thanks for your help. I have today received an email from the company that
makes the software and he says that i have to "Simply delete the folder in
program files and delete the program group from on the start menu". Will
give this a go but if it fails I will download the removal software you guys
have suggested.

Not sure what he means by delete the program group from on the start
menu.Does he mean delete the program icon from the start menu?

..

-- J

"deango" wrote:

> Hi John. Download 'Add/Remove Pro' a free utility at: http://www.superwin.com/index.htm click on 'freeware' in the right hand column.
> It will do everything and more that you need to do very very easily.
> This site also does not download adware or spyware when you use there stuff.........It has helped me any number of times. Regards. deango
> John wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am having trouble uninstalling a program that I installed recently.
> > The program is nowhere to be seen on the add/remove programs list and
> > it has no uninstall option with it. It is a typing program called
> > Teach yourself touch typing and is made by Accutech. Is there any way
> > of getting rid of it so I can install it clean again??
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help

dl

yes