Installing software on XP Pro - Admin settings?

August 8, 2005 7:04:40 PM

I am having a problem installing some of my software on a home machine
with XP Pro. Supposedly there is admin setting I need to change.
Anyone know the change I need to make to install some of my older
programs. XP home and Windows 2000 did not have this problem.

I should have bought XP Home. MSFT's web notes and search are not
helpful.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:57:27 PM

Hi,

Try this link: http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Hason Mortney" <kenmartining@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>I am having a problem installing some of my software on a home machine
> with XP Pro. Supposedly there is admin setting I need to change.
> Anyone know the change I need to make to install some of my older
> programs. XP home and Windows 2000 did not have this problem.
>
> I should have bought XP Home. MSFT's web notes and search are not
> helpful.

August 9, 2005 3:13:17 AM

perhaps let us know the exact problem or the err.msg?
and if you want to be very informative, the software you were trying to
install.

every little helps, to enable us to second guess more accurately

!