Runtime Error

Hello everyone:

I am NOT an expert on Wind-XP. Yesterday I started to get the following
message: Runtime Error c:\program file\internet explore\iexplore.exe This
application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application support team for info.

Can someone let me know what this means and how I can solve this problem.

Thanks
SCHappyFace
2 answers Last reply
More about runtime error

    Hi,

    Reinstall Internet Explorer. Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options/View
    tab, set it to "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected
    operating system files [recommended]". Also uncheck "Hide extensions for
    known file types".

    Then, open Windows Explorer from Start/All Programs and go to the
    C:\Windows\Inf folder. Locate the ie.inf file, right-click it and choose
    install.

    You may need to either insert your WinXP CD or know where your I386 folder
    is located on the hard drive. You may also need to know where the
    \ServicePackFiles folder is (usually under the Windows directory).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "SCHappyFace" <SCHappyFace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone:
    >
    > I am NOT an expert on Wind-XP. Yesterday I started to get the following
    > message: Runtime Error c:\program file\internet explore\iexplore.exe This
    > application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    > Please contact the application support team for info.
    >
    > Can someone let me know what this means and how I can solve this problem.
    >
    > Thanks
    > SCHappyFace

    "SCHappyFace" <SCHappyFace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone:
    >
    > I am NOT an expert on Wind-XP. Yesterday I started to get the
    > following message: Runtime Error c:\program file\internet
    > explore\iexplore.exe This application has requested the runtime to
    > terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application
    > support team for info.
    >
    > Can someone let me know what this means and how I can solve this
    > problem.
    >
    > Thanks
    > SCHappyFace

    Runtime Library Microsoft Visual C++, Runtime Error Program
    C:\Windows\Explorer.exe or Iexplore.exe, abnormal program termination.
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html
    or
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_AGENT.BK
    also make sure you don't have both the Sun JRE and the Microsoft VM JIT
    compiler enabled.
    If none of that helps, try uninstalling the Google toolbar.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

Runtime Microsoft Windows XP