Hello everyone:

I am NOT an expert on Wind-XP. Yesterday I started to get the following
message: Runtime Error c:\program file\internet explore\iexplore.exe This
application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application support team for info.

Can someone let me know what this means and how I can solve this problem.

Thanks
SCHappyFace

Hi,

Reinstall Internet Explorer. Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options/View
tab, set it to "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected
operating system files [recommended]". Also uncheck "Hide extensions for
known file types".

Then, open Windows Explorer from Start/All Programs and go to the
C:\Windows\Inf folder. Locate the ie.inf file, right-click it and choose
install.

You may need to either insert your WinXP CD or know where your I386 folder
is located on the hard drive. You may also need to know where the
\ServicePackFiles folder is (usually under the Windows directory).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"SCHappyFace" <SCHappyFace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone:
>
> I am NOT an expert on Wind-XP. Yesterday I started to get the following
> message: Runtime Error c:\program file\internet explore\iexplore.exe This
> application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
> Please contact the application support team for info.
>
> Can someone let me know what this means and how I can solve this problem.
>
> Thanks
> SCHappyFace

"SCHappyFace" <SCHappyFace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone:
>
> I am NOT an expert on Wind-XP. Yesterday I started to get the
> following message: Runtime Error c:\program file\internet
> explore\iexplore.exe This application has requested the runtime to
> terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application
> support team for info.
>
> Can someone let me know what this means and how I can solve this
> problem.
>
> Thanks
> SCHappyFace

Runtime Library Microsoft Visual C++, Runtime Error Program
C:\Windows\Explorer.exe or Iexplore.exe, abnormal program termination.
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html
or
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_AGENT.BK
also make sure you don't have both the Sun JRE and the Microsoft VM JIT
compiler enabled.
If none of that helps, try uninstalling the Google toolbar.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com