Sign in with
Your question

Device to stream media to HDTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
March 28, 2011 4:54:51 AM

hi, i have a 1080p tv and i dont want to move my computer every time to watch a movie on it, is there a device that will let me stream files from my pc to the device (to play on the tv) that can play .mkv files, h.264, mp4,avi,xvid,divx? i want its to play a lot of different files so i dont run into problems
a b x TV
March 28, 2011 5:30:50 PM

its called a multimedia computer, build one and leave it plugged into the TV.
March 28, 2011 7:13:07 PM

soundguruman said:

The thing about that out I don't want a htpc, I don't want windows 7/ because I would have to get a mouse and get a mouse and keyboard. I just want a simple interface and a remote.
Related resources
March 28, 2011 7:15:22 PM

soundguruman said:

March 29, 2011 12:30:03 AM

btw how easy is it to setup two windows 7 pcs for streaming on two different internet sources meaing, stream from my pc at home to a pc/laptop at a hotel?
a b x TV
March 29, 2011 12:56:46 AM

kilerz said:
well i did consider a nettop because its small form factor, (with ion 2) but im not so sure the ion 2 is strong enough to play 1080p 10gb+ mkv files w/o glitches. Something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Or the zotac

The following review should help you out...

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1057/7/

To cut to the case, the reviewer had the best success using Media Player Classic to playback MKV files. But, it's not 100% glitch free. The one glitch he experienced was stuttering whenever he was changing the volume. His setup has the slower 1.6GHz Atom 330 CPU.
March 29, 2011 5:39:58 AM

so basically the ion 1 sucks for video playback, and the cpue is just as bad, and the problem wiyj the ion 2 is that the program (the media center) would need hardware acceleration (using the ion to decode the video). i dont want any problems so that rules out a week htpc. is there a way to get a remote to work on an htpc with media center without an IR device?
April 3, 2011 11:05:19 PM

CHRles said:
If you want a good PC to TV wireless solution I've got you covered:
http://www.ezairwireless.com

so one question, do i have to buy a standalone remote? Basically if my computer is in a totally different room, i dont want to go to my pc and come back every time i need to change something
April 4, 2011 8:20:30 AM

It's actually best used in the same room you're going to be in. The product's strong points are that it's mobile - you can easily take it with you anywhere - , and that since it's wireless it'll save you some of the hassles of long wires
April 8, 2011 6:28:10 AM

CHRles said:
It's actually best used in the same room you're going to be in. The product's strong points are that it's mobile - you can easily take it with you anywhere - , and that since it's wireless it'll save you some of the hassles of long wires

So basically i just want to know since u said it works best in the same room, 1. if im in a different room how do i use it? 2. if its mobile does that mean i can leave my desktop at home, and use my pc at basically across the world 3.how good is the quality/speed 4. I mean no disrespect to you, but are you actually partnered with the company, (you said you were biased and your signature inclued this brand.
!