Unable locate "My Pictures" folder

August 8, 2005 7:19:01 PM

Appreciate help finding my pictures folder. Many thanks.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 9:26:40 PM

Go to Start > Run and type:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\My Documents\My Pictures

and hit enter.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Franktee" wrote:

| Appreciate help finding my pictures folder. Many thanks.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 9:29:55 PM

"Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Appreciate help finding my pictures folder. Many thanks.

Should be in C:\Documents and Settings\*your user name*\My Documents\My
Pictures

Have you tried a search?

If it's not present, open documents folder and add a new folder, naming it
My Pictures
August 9, 2005 3:02:24 PM

Click the Start button and select My Pictures.

Or, type in Start-Run:
%userprofile%\my documents\my pictures

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Appreciate help finding my pictures folder. Many thanks.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 9:38:52 PM

"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message

> "Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Appreciate help finding my pictures folder. Many thanks.
>
> Should be in C:\Documents and Settings\*your user name*\My Documents\My
> Pictures
>
> Have you tried a search?
>
> If it's not present, open documents folder and add a new folder, naming it
> My Pictures

Then right click it, Properties|Customise|Change Icon... and get the little
pretty picture back, if the option to do so is presented. If you have
TweakUI do a repair Windows oopsss! I mean repair icon to get it back to
normal.

- Winux P
!