Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Mullan

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Hello,
I have misplaced my USB cable and would liked to purchase a replacement. Can you help me?
Don Mullan, 5800 Sabal Trace Dr., Unit 1001 North Port, Florida 34287 (941) 429-8444

John Hassen

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hello Community,

USB cables are required to connect most new electronic devices to computers and extending ports with USB hubs and USB switch boxes. Most electronic devices that are intended to be connected to a computer use USB 2.0 speed cables. There are many different types of USB connections on different devices. USB type A is the rectangular type found on the back of a computer. USB type B is the square type found on the back of a printer. In order to connect a computer to a printer, you would need a USB type A male to USB type B male cable. There are also several smaller USB connections used on portable devices. New Android cell phones and Blackberry cell phones use micro USB. Digital camera cables can be several different USB types including micro USB, mini USB 5 pin or mini USB 4 pin. We offer some USB adapters that can convert one USB type to another. Recently released and just starting to show up on computers and devices is USB 3.0. USB 3.0 is faster than USB 2.0, and fully backwards compatible. Keep in mind that the physical USB type B and micro B connectors on USB 3.0 cables are different than on USB 2.0 cables. In addition to the many cable options, we also carry USB boxes and products that can extend the use of USB. A USB hub can add additional USB ports to a computer that does not have enough. A USB switch box allows you to switch one USB device such as a printer between multiple computers. If you have to extend a USB cable farther than the 15ft maximum, try our CAT5 extender or USB extension repeater cable. USB over CAT5E carries USB 1.0 speeds up to 180 feet. Some older devices have serial connections, and not USB. They would require our USB to serial adapter. USB cables have become a part of our daily lives, and with USB hubs and USB switch boxes, more connections than ever are possible.

Best Regards,
John Hassen :)

http://www.hgnjshoppingmall.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.