Basement pictures (work in progress)

It's not finished yet, but I thought some folks might enjoy seeing it come
together...

http://webpages.charter.net/jschlarb/Basement%20Project.htm

John
19 answers Last reply
More about basement pictures work progress

    Looks great, although what are you going to do when its time for a few more
    pins? :)

    --Eric

    > It's not finished yet, but I thought some folks might enjoy seeing it come
    > together...
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/jschlarb/Basement%20Project.htm
    >
    > John

    Hello, there are a few things that you coud do for that hole in the
    brick. easy fix is you could put a round pinball clock over it, or you
    could put a framed poster/painting....you could put a few shelfs on the
    brick wall and put some candles and some small flowers in little clay
    flower pots and little nick nacks...the candles and flowers will keep
    the room smelling nice. or depending where you live...i live in the
    north east....you could go buy a wood burner and put it there and then
    vent the wood burner through that hole and then in winter it would be
    nice and warm or you could go get a gas fireplace kit, you know that
    comes with the mantle and everything and put a nice size mirror above
    the mantle..that would look nice....just some thoughts

    the rooms look great, wish my basement looked like that...I have old
    sand stone basement walls, the only good thing about having ugly walls
    in my basement is that my wife doesnt mind me buying new pins cause the
    back box's hides the walls...lol

    good luck and enjoy

    brivy

    Looks great!!

    I can't wait for the party!!!

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    "John Schlarb" <john@schlarb.com> wrote in message
    > It's not finished yet, but I thought some folks might enjoy seeing it come
    > together...
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/jschlarb/Basement%20Project.htm

    Looks good John...but only 16" for butt space? Come on man, this is Georgia.
    We like our 'cue and brew -- which can lead to some pretty big ol'
    backsides. You might want to factor that in.

    - Kevin (who had a big butt even before he moved to GA)

    PinBotz -- Enhancements for Classic Pinball Machines
    http://www.pinbotz.com

    "John Schlarb" <john@schlarb.com> wrote in message
    > It's not finished yet, but I thought some folks might enjoy seeing it come
    > together...
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/jschlarb/Basement%20Project.htm
    >
    > John

    Looking nice John. I envy you. I'd love to be able to reconstruct my
    gameroom. Not that I'd change much......but it would be bigger. :-)

    Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

    "Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
    shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
    city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

    (Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

    John Schlarb wrote:
    > It's not finished yet, but I thought some folks might enjoy seeing it come
    > together...
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/jschlarb/Basement%20Project.htm
    >
    > John

    Looks great John!

    Are you doing this yourself, or having it done? Looks like nice work either
    way. I can apreciate the time and effore this takes as I am doing my
    basement as well (but it looks like your "basement" is on the ground floor.
    I'm jealous ;-)

    Chris

    "John Schlarb" <john@schlarb.com> wrote in message
    > It's not finished yet, but I thought some folks might enjoy seeing it come
    > together...
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/jschlarb/Basement%20Project.htm
    >
    > John

    You could just have a mason match the brick and grout and patch that
    hole. Although It would be nice to have a small wood burning stove.

    -c

    Run those speaker wires, extra phone lines, cable outlets, intercom
    before the mud goes on the drywall.

    John, John, John. You need to explain to your wife that marriage is a
    give and take. Let her do with the rest of the basement as she wants
    if you get the gameroom. Either that, or dump the bi*ch. ;-) Sorry,
    that was my evil side typing. :-)

    I got lucky. The decor in my gameroom was all my wife's idea. In
    fact, she's the one who lined up the carpet and the stripes painted on
    the walls.

    I still envy you. I'd love to build another gameroom. :-)

    John Schlarb wrote:
    > Bryan,
    >
    > I've looked at your gameroom pics several times. I'm envious of its
    > arcade-style carpet and paint job. My better half wouldn't allow that (she
    > didn't have an arcade growing up).
    >
    > John
    >
    > "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Looking nice John. I envy you. I'd love to be able to reconstruct my
    > > gameroom. Not that I'd change much......but it would be bigger. :-)
    > >
    > > Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

    I wired all the coax, ethernet, speaker and telephone wire. My contractor is
    doing everything else. This is hard for a DIY guy - I'd rather be doing it
    all myself. But at least this way, it gets done, and it will probably end up
    looking better than if I did it.

    John

    "SilverUnicorn" <wmspins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Looks great John!
    >
    > Are you doing this yourself, or having it done? Looks like nice work
    > either way. I can apreciate the time and effore this takes as I am doing
    > my basement as well (but it looks like your "basement" is on the ground
    > floor. I'm jealous ;-)
    >
    > Chris

    Bryan,

    I've looked at your gameroom pics several times. I'm envious of its
    arcade-style carpet and paint job. My better half wouldn't allow that (she
    didn't have an arcade growing up).

    John

    "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Looking nice John. I envy you. I'd love to be able to reconstruct my
    > gameroom. Not that I'd change much......but it would be bigger. :-)
    >
    > Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

    Looks like it's going to be nice, John. And I'm with Bryan--I envy you.
    Turning my garage into a gameroom was a lot of work but a LOT of fun.
    And seeing the end result of all of your hard work is sooooo
    satisfying. I can't wait for my next gameroom project.

    Keep posting pictures as you make progress!

    -Dave Ellis
    http://www.davesclassicarcade.com

    Check on everything but the intercom - I don't want to make it that easy for
    my wife to talk to me. :-)

    "Hooked" <robertcampbell2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Run those speaker wires, extra phone lines, cable outlets, intercom
    > before the mud goes on the drywall.

    Look like its gonna be sweet!
    is it too late to move the workshop door onto the
    gameroom wall... seems it would be easier to get
    games in and out of it that way.

    /Tim

    John Schlarb wrote:
    > It's not finished yet, but I thought some folks might enjoy seeing it come
    > together...
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/jschlarb/Basement%20Project.htm
    >
    > John

    Don't sell the tread mill - your butt will get bigger than 16 inches
    and you'll be in trouble :-)

    What does the S&B stand for by the 2 Video Games (in the 70's Room)?

    scott@farrar.com wrote:

    > What does the S&B stand for by the 2 Video Games (in the 70's Room)?

    It says "P&B," not "S&B," which I'd guess either stands for "pistachios
    & barbecue" or "pitch & bat."

    - Josh A.

    I was thinking the same thing. Roll a machine on a pin dolly straight
    into the gameroom from the shop without having to go around corners and
    such. Plus, that would give you a nice little wall spot in the pub
    where the door was that would be just about perfect for a Golden Tee.
    You don't really have a pub without one of those these days.

    MitchelWB

    At first it was bad (can't pause a pin) but now shes used to just
    hearing me playing and doesn't say anything. Its great durring
    football season for the "honey we need more chips and dip" and its
    cool for the guests to have backround muzak durring partys and such.
    But it does cost the same as a cheap pin, just fun to have.
    (Hard wired that is, not that noisy wireless)

    Bingo.

    "Josh A." <josh489@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > scott@farrar.com wrote:
    >
    >> What does the S&B stand for by the 2 Video Games (in the 70's Room)?
    >
    > It says "P&B," not "S&B," which I'd guess either stands for "pistachios
    > & barbecue" or "pitch & bat."
    >
    > - Josh A.

Games Video Games