Start up problem - reboots several times

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Splash Screen
  • Windows XP
August 8, 2005 8:41:04 PM

When starting up XP SP2 the computer gets to between the first splash screen
(XP Professional with the 'blue bar' moving) and the "Welcome" screen and
then reboots. This happens 2-5 times in a row before it finally 'lets' me
enter properly. Sometimes when it has rebooted I get the options of starting
in safe mode, last good configuration, normally etc, but not every time. To
me indicates a device driver error but nothing installed lately.

Any ideas?

More about : start problem reboots times

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 7:16:03 AM

Did you try to start windows in safe mode?
If you did, you had the same problem?