Start up problem - reboots several times

When starting up XP SP2 the computer gets to between the first splash screen
(XP Professional with the 'blue bar' moving) and the "Welcome" screen and
then reboots. This happens 2-5 times in a row before it finally 'lets' me
enter properly. Sometimes when it has rebooted I get the options of starting
in safe mode, last good configuration, normally etc, but not every time. To
me indicates a device driver error but nothing installed lately.

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about start problem reboots times

    Did you try to start windows in safe mode?
    If you did, you had the same problem?

    "Mogens" wrote:

    > When starting up XP SP2 the computer gets to between the first splash screen
    > (XP Professional with the 'blue bar' moving) and the "Welcome" screen and
    > then reboots. This happens 2-5 times in a row before it finally 'lets' me
    > enter properly. Sometimes when it has rebooted I get the options of starting
    > in safe mode, last good configuration, normally etc, but not every time. To
    > me indicates a device driver error but nothing installed lately.
    >
    > Any ideas?

Microsoft Splash Screen Windows XP