Pablo

Hi,

When I logoff on XP it takes a 1-2 minutes to logoff when I'm on my
principal account, but when I logoff from a different account it takes less
than 10 seconds to logoff. I have run a complete anti-virus scan and two
spyware scans (Lavasoft and Spybot). I would like to know if it is possible
to know what is taking so long to logoff and how can I shorten the time that
it takes to logoff from my principal account. Thanks for your help.

Pablo

Have you tried System Restore?Go back to a system restore point before
the problem occured.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Pablo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I logoff on XP it takes a 1-2 minutes to logoff when I'm on my
> principal account, but when I logoff from a different account it takes less
> than 10 seconds to logoff. I have run a complete anti-virus scan and two
> spyware scans (Lavasoft and Spybot). I would like to know if it is possible
> to know what is taking so long to logoff and how can I shorten the time that
> it takes to logoff from my principal account. Thanks for your help.
>
> Pablo

Frankster

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

Since other less used accounts work fine, it's profile related. You can
delete your profile and let XP create a new clean one for you. That should
speed things up.

-Frank

"Pablo" <Pablo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When I logoff on XP it takes a 1-2 minutes to logoff when I'm on my
> principal account, but when I logoff from a different account it takes
> less
> than 10 seconds to logoff. I have run a complete anti-virus scan and two
> spyware scans (Lavasoft and Spybot). I would like to know if it is
> possible
> to know what is taking so long to logoff and how can I shorten the time
> that
> it takes to logoff from my principal account. Thanks for your help.
>
> Pablo

Take it easy,logoff slowly maybe cause by too many program or services
is running.But you don't run some programs and services when you log in
another account,so it logoff quickly.If you want to boost up computer
speed,delete the startup program that you not need every time your
computer start.Security Expert can help you manage your startup
programs.
Go to http://securityexpert.cnns.net/AutoRun02.htm to know more.