can't print using 'ctrl+p'

on a new machine with an xp pro upgrade over the top of my old W98, this
good old keyboard shortcut no longer works. Everything else seems to still
work ok (ctrl + c,v,x etc) Why, oh why?

Mary

It still works fine. Your big mistake was to install over Win 98. It never
will work right. You must do a clean install. You can use the upgrade disk as
long as you can show the Win 98 disk when asked for proof.

"davo" wrote:

> on a new machine with an xp pro upgrade over the top of my old W98, this
> good old keyboard shortcut no longer works. Everything else seems to still
> work ok (ctrl + c,v,x etc) Why, oh why?

See my last reply of August 9 to your post in windowsxp.help_and_support
HTH
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

davo wrote:
> on a new machine with an xp pro upgrade over the top of my old W98,
> this good old keyboard shortcut no longer works. Everything else
> seems to still work ok (ctrl + c,v,x etc) Why, oh why?

actally I did a clean install like you describe - using my 98 disk - (sorry
that's what I meant but I said over the top)