MN-700 Wireless with Comcast HSI

Last response: in Networking
Share
August 3, 2004 1:13:33 AM

I've lost my Wi-fi connection since installing the latest
update from MS for the MN-700. It seems that Comcast HSI
is locking out the wireless connection since it cannot get
the modems MAC address. Comcast is trying to monopolize
on you purchasing Wi-Fi equipment from them. The Wi-Fi
you get from them will be able to act like spyware for
Comcast and they will even be allowed to program your Wi-
Fi at their will so they will control the contact you see
and keep track of where you go on the internet. Check out
Wi-fiplanet.com and check it out for yourself. Big
Brother is here.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 3, 2004 9:37:54 AM

Right.

There's no profit in cable companies selling hardware.

Works fine for me. MotoSB5100 & MN700.

Troubleshoot!!

"Edwardo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've lost my Wi-fi connection since installing the latest
>update from MS for the MN-700. It seems that Comcast HSI
>is locking out the wireless connection since it cannot get
>the modems MAC address. Comcast is trying to monopolize
>on you purchasing Wi-Fi equipment from them. The Wi-Fi
>you get from them will be able to act like spyware for
>Comcast and they will even be allowed to program your Wi-
>Fi at their will so they will control the contact you see
>and keep track of where you go on the internet. Check out
>Wi-fiplanet.com and check it out for yourself. Big
>Brother is here.
August 3, 2004 11:59:58 AM

I've been using the MN-500 with comcast for over a year now without any
problems.

!