Dell 20" flat screen

So I bought a bell 20 screen today and I hooked it up. The picture is slightly blurred, especially the text. Now I heard that I need to change the resolution to 1,440 x 900 or something like that. I don't know how to find out if my graphics card can support that. I have a Dell E-Series desktop computer, It's kind old, built in 2003.
11 answers Last reply
More about dell flat screen
  1. I assume you are using Win XP.

Right click the desktop and select Properties.
    Select the Settings tab and adjust the resolution on the slider.
  2. Yeah, I am.
    I tryed that, the highest resolution I have is 1280 x 1024, I even tryed the lower resolutions but no difference with the blurryness.
  3. You can fix the text by turning on Cleartype.
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearType/tuner/Step1.aspx

Download CPU-Z and run it. What is listed under the Graphics tab?
  4. The Cleartype helped a little but not completely. I already have Cpu-Z, It says "Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller".
  5. What is the monitor model number?
  6. It's a Dell 2001FP
  7. Well both are capable of resolutions higher than 1440 x 900.

Go back to the resolution setting options. Click Advanced. Should be something there letting you show hidden or unsupported resolutions. Check that and then set it to 1440 x 900.
  8. I right clickedon the desktop , went to properties, Went to the settings tab where the resolutions are shown, clicked advanced, went to the adapter tab and there is a button that says "list all modes" and when i click are it a bunch of resolutions show up, id that what your talking about?
  9. Yes. Select 1440 x 900.
  10. The highest on the list is 1280 x 1024.
  11. I fixed it! I had to go to the monitor tab in the advanced options window and uncheck a box labled" Hide modes that this monitor cannot display". Then went to "list all modes" in the adapter tab and the resolution was there. lol Thanks for your help TheViper.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Flat Screen Dell Peripherals