Can I use a Logitech MX3200 separately?

G

Hey.

I've just ordered a Logitech MX3200 (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/140&cl=my,en) for a friend, but they do not want to use the keyboard. So I figured I'd use it on my computer to replace my old, crusty "Microsoft 500 Lite". Problem is, the bundle only comes with one receiver which would be used in my friends PC.

I've looked all over the internet for an answer and have not been successful. I haven't been able to use the Logitech "Contact Us" thingy on their website because it requires product codes/numbers (the MX3200 has not arrived yet, so I cannot see what they are).

So my question is:
Is it possible to use the mouse and keyboard from the Logitech MX3200 on different computers at the same time???

Thank you in advance :)

P.S. I have a Logitech MX Revolution for my own PC, maybe the keyboard could be connected to this???? (just guessing)

G

If it's a wireless device it won't work without the receiver unit.

To take your question literally, to use both devices on two computers with a receiver on just one would lead to chaos.

If the keyboard or mouse are Bluetooth, just buy a cheap Bluetooth USB dongle.

G

Ah right. I see.

Would it be possible to buy a second receiver and then connect one of the devices to the new one?????