Screen appearance problem

I left my computer, like always and went to watch tv. I didnt have any
programs on or anything and when i come back my screen is bigger, left to
right. Or mostly the left side. The left side is stretched and isntead of
seeing my computer. You only see "omputer". Its alwaybs been 800x600 and i
didnt do any change.
4 answers Last reply
More about screen appearance problem

    Without knowing more, try running line 157:

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Screen Apperance Problem" <Screen Apperance
    Problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I left my computer, like always and went to watch tv. I didnt have any
    > programs on or anything and when i come back my screen is bigger, left to
    > right. Or mostly the left side. The left side is stretched and isntead of
    > seeing my computer. You only see "omputer". Its alwaybs been 800x600 and i
    > didnt do any change.

    how come line 157 is the only link that wont work...

    Possible the refresh rate was changed if it is a CRT. You can readjust
    screen size with the buttons at the bottom of the monitor. Or change
    refresh rate in Display properties, Advanced, Monitor.

    Screen Apperance Problem wrote:

    > I left my computer, like always and went to watch tv. I didnt have any
    > programs on or anything and when i come back my screen is bigger, left to
    > right. Or mostly the left side. The left side is stretched and isntead of
    > seeing my computer. You only see "omputer". Its alwaybs been 800x600 and i
    > didnt do any change.

    I tried every refesh rate but none are the right ones

Computers Microsoft Windows XP