How to import Favourites stored in a Folder into Internet ..

When I use the Import and Export Menu in I. E. and point to the CD Drive
where I have inserted the CD containing Favourites, Windows XP asks me to
contact the Administrator. Why can't Windows XP be intelligent enough to
verify that I myself am the Administrator and sole User of the Computer, as
can be seen from the Users in Control Panel?

P. Jayant

Was the file on the CD that contains your saved Favourites an .htm file
created by the the Export wizard?

By the way computers are not as smart as you think they should be ;-)
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"P.Jayant" <pjayant@sancharnet.in> wrote in message
> When I use the Import and Export Menu in I. E. and point to the CD Drive
> where I have inserted the CD containing Favourites, Windows XP asks me to
> contact the Administrator. Why can't Windows XP be intelligent enough to
> verify that I myself am the Administrator and sole User of the Computer,
> as
> can be seen from the Users in Control Panel?
>

> P. Jayant

kelly

In the meantime.....

FavesToGo - Save Favorites Quickly (Line 108)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"P.Jayant" <pjayant@sancharnet.in> wrote in message
> When I use the Import and Export Menu in I. E. and point to the CD Drive
> where I have inserted the CD containing Favourites, Windows XP asks me to
> contact the Administrator. Why can't Windows XP be intelligent enough to
> verify that I myself am the Administrator and sole User of the Computer,
> as
> can be seen from the Users in Control Panel?
>

> P. Jayant

If you didn't Export to a single HTML file, then you cannot use
Import.
Just copy the contents of the saved Favorites folder into the current
Favorites folder.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:00:31 +0530, "P.Jayant" <pjayant@sancharnet.in>
wrote:

>When I use the Import and Export Menu in I. E. and point to the CD Drive
>where I have inserted the CD containing Favourites, Windows XP asks me to
>contact the Administrator. Why can't Windows XP be intelligent enough to
>verify that I myself am the Administrator and sole User of the Computer, as
>can be seen from the Users in Control Panel?
>

>P. Jayant

kelly

Wow, guess you did. Thanks! :eek:)