Sign in with
Your question

Logitech G11 vs Razer Lycosa

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 7, 2009 8:19:36 AM

Hello all,

I need a new keyboard. I've been using my bog standard Dell keyboard for over 2 years and it has started to get a little temperamental. I feel its time to replace it.

I can't make up my mind between the Logitech G11 (£40) and the Razer Lycosa (£55).

I want backlighting for the keys and a few macro buttons. Before anyone suggests it, can I add that I don't like any of the Saitek or Steel series boards. I have a Razer Lachesis mouse so the Razer keyboard will go nicely with it aesthetically but it also looks like a fingerprint magnet. The Logitech looks functional but also a beast. It's huge.... but i'm sure I'll get over it, I have a big desk.

Anyone have any opinions on which to get? I'm getting it predominantly for gaming. Any help will be much appreciated.

January 4, 2010 9:25:02 PM

hmmm...what operating system are u using?

cause my razer lycosa is having real problems with Win7 64bit. the keys apparently stick down (always depressed), and then you close the program and open another, and they don't work.

it changes key every time you restart, and its to do with driver problems. i've tried normal Win7 drivers, razer drivers, hp voodoodna drivers, and older versions of all of the above....no go for me
just read up about the problem, and see if you can find a solution...it looks mad, but doesn't work for me :( 

MICK
(btw: its not the keyboard being faulty, as i tested all the keys when it arrived. all work fine. its definitely drivers)
January 5, 2010 5:52:50 AM

micky_lund said:
hmmm...what operating system are u using?

cause my razer lycosa is having real problems with Win7 64bit. the keys apparently stick down (always depressed), and then you close the program and open another, and they don't work.

it changes key every time you restart, and its to do with driver problems. i've tried normal Win7 drivers, razer drivers, hp voodoodna drivers, and older versions of all of the above....no go for me
just read up about the problem, and see if you can find a solution...it looks mad, but doesn't work for me :( 

MICK
(btw: its not the keyboard being faulty, as i tested all the keys when it arrived. all work fine. its definitely drivers)

Thanks for that. I'm running Win7 64-bit too so looks like the Logitech may be the better choice. probably for the best. I have enough fingerprint magnets as it is. I shall read up on Logitech driver problems just in case though. Thanks for the Info.
January 5, 2010 7:04:30 AM

tell me if you find any solutions to the razer one too...i saved u a lot of trouble, but i still have my own :S
!