system tray icons

August 9, 2005 1:44:52 PM

Hi

How do I stop certain system tray icons from hiding? I have tried the
properties/customize/always show options but this does not seem to work.
Also in this list here are a number of icons that belong to programs
that are no longer on my laptop. Is there a way to:
1) edit this list
2) make certain icons always display (e.g. ac/battery) but hide others.

Thanks

Zankhna

More about : system tray icons

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 1:44:53 PM

"xZx" <Zankhnax@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> How do I stop certain system tray icons from hiding? I have tried the
> properties/customize/always show options but this does not seem to
> work. Also in this list here are a number of icons that belong to
> programs that are no longer on my laptop. Is there a way to:
> 1) edit this list
> 2) make certain icons always display (e.g. ac/battery) but hide
> others.
> Thanks
>
> Zankhna

Right click the taskbar and choose Properties. Uncheck "Hide inactive
icons".

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP wrote:
> "xZx" <Zankhnax@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Hi
>>
>> How do I stop certain system tray icons from hiding? I have tried the
>> properties/customize/always show options but this does not seem to
>> work. Also in this list here are a number of icons that belong to
>> programs that are no longer on my laptop. Is there a way to:
>> 1) edit this list
>> 2) make certain icons always display (e.g. ac/battery) but hide
>> others.
>> Thanks
>>
>> Zankhna
>

> Right click the taskbar and choose Properties. Uncheck "Hide inactive
> icons".

Hi Frank

Iv tried that but I still cannot see the ac/battery icon. Also its just
certain icons that I want to see the rest can be hidden. The main reason
for me needing to see certain icons and not others is that they provide
a shortcut to functions. For example I can set the power management
options from the ac/battery without going through the control panel or
creating another shortcut.

Thanks,

Zankhna
!