win xp pro setup cannot copy file odbcint.dll

during installation I receive this message, both during installation of my
'old' windows xp professional without SP2 and with my 'new' windows xp pro
with SP2 included. I thought it was the CD which was corrupt, but it is not
the case.

Can somebody please advise what to do, my xp does not start at all anymore.

Thanks a lot in adv.

Alex

Hi All,
sorry, forgot to mention all problems started when last week I started my xp
and the message: can not load msgina.dll, please replace the file ... press
ok to restart. This is when I tried to repair windows xp, now next message
follows and I am stuck without OS.
Help :)

"Alex Zainka" wrote:

> during installation I receive this message, both during installation of my
> 'old' windows xp professional without SP2 and with my 'new' windows xp pro
> with SP2 included. I thought it was the CD which was corrupt, but it is not
> the case.
>
> Can somebody please advise what to do, my xp does not start at all anymore.
>
> Thanks a lot in adv.
>
> Alex

Why are you trying to copy the file? What exactly are you doing?

"Alex Zainka" wrote:

> Hi All,
> sorry, forgot to mention all problems started when last week I started my xp
> and the message: can not load msgina.dll, please replace the file ... press
> ok to restart. This is when I tried to repair windows xp, now next message
> follows and I am stuck without OS.
> Help :)
>

> "Alex Zainka" wrote:
>
> > during installation I receive this message, both during installation of my
> > 'old' windows xp professional without SP2 and with my 'new' windows xp pro
> > with SP2 included. I thought it was the CD which was corrupt, but it is not
> > the case.
> >
> > Can somebody please advise what to do, my xp does not start at all anymore.
> >
> > Thanks a lot in adv.
> >
> > Alex

I had to install win xp pro again because msgina.dll was corrupt.
Now during install (or rather repair) this file cannot be copied.
it is not my xp cd because both cds install fail over same file.

Spaciba,

Alex

"Kartinsky" wrote:

> Why are you trying to copy the file? What exactly are you doing?
>

> "Alex Zainka" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > sorry, forgot to mention all problems started when last week I started my xp
> > and the message: can not load msgina.dll, please replace the file ... press
> > ok to restart. This is when I tried to repair windows xp, now next message
> > follows and I am stuck without OS.
> > Help :)
> >

> > "Alex Zainka" wrote:
> >
> > > during installation I receive this message, both during installation of my
> > > 'old' windows xp professional without SP2 and with my 'new' windows xp pro
> > > with SP2 included. I thought it was the CD which was corrupt, but it is not
> > > the case.
> > >
> > > Can somebody please advise what to do, my xp does not start at all anymore.
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot in adv.
> > >
> > > Alex

hi all,

Fixed it by using: chkdsk /r on drive c.
I think I need a new disk drive, it has bad sectors

thanks

"Alex Zainka" wrote:

> during installation I receive this message, both during installation of my
> 'old' windows xp professional without SP2 and with my 'new' windows xp pro
> with SP2 included. I thought it was the CD which was corrupt, but it is not
> the case.
>
> Can somebody please advise what to do, my xp does not start at all anymore.
>
> Thanks a lot in adv.
>
> Alex

TRENDING THREADS