bek

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003

I emailed tech support concerning a faulty fan issue I'm having with an
under warranty Dimension 8400 on Tuesday and haven't heard anything from
them yet.

Should I send them another email or can I expect that it may take this long
to hear from them?

Thanks,
BEK

Did you receive an acknowledgement that your question was received? If so,
you'll just have to wait for them to get back to you.

Have you tried the Dell Community Forums? They're a great source of
information from experienced users and Dell techs.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"BEK" <greywingsinaspamfreezone@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I emailed tech support concerning a faulty fan issue I'm having with an
> under warranty Dimension 8400 on Tuesday and haven't heard anything from
> them yet.
>
> Should I send them another email or can I expect that it may take this
long
> to hear from them?
>
> Thanks,
> BEK

bek

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003

> Did you receive an acknowledgement that your question was received? If so,
> you'll just have to wait for them to get back to you.
>
> Have you tried the Dell Community Forums? They're a great source of
> information from experienced users and Dell techs.
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."

Thanks for your reply Ted.

No, I never received an acknowledgement from Dell but when I sent the email
there was a "your email has been processed" message that popped up on my
screen.

I'm trying to get the motherboard fan replaced because I have been getting
occasional blue screens and Dell Diagnostics in my utility partition
reported that the fan is intermittantly running too slowly.

I prefer to use email to contact tech support to avoid the frequent language
issues that many have experienced when calling. Also in my past experience,
email is usually quite speedy and no enduring long hold times.

BEK

Allow me to save you some steps. Replacing fans is the domain of Dell Spare
Parts, which is where your e-mail efforts would eventually wind up anyway.
You can contact Parts directly; here is their info:
http://warrantypartsdirect.dell.com/us/program/T1421000.ASP

--

> > Did you receive an acknowledgement that your question was received? If
so,
> > you'll just have to wait for them to get back to you.
> >
> > Have you tried the Dell Community Forums? They're a great source of
> > information from experienced users and Dell techs.
> >
> > --
> > Ted Zieglar
> > "You can do it if you try."
>

> Thanks for your reply Ted.
>
> No, I never received an acknowledgement from Dell but when I sent the
email
> there was a "your email has been processed" message that popped up on my
> screen.
>
> I'm trying to get the motherboard fan replaced because I have been getting
> occasional blue screens and Dell Diagnostics in my utility partition
> reported that the fan is intermittantly running too slowly.
>
> I prefer to use email to contact tech support to avoid the frequent
language
> issues that many have experienced when calling. Also in my past
experience,
> email is usually quite speedy and no enduring long hold times.
>
> BEK

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

BEK <greywingsinaspamfreezone@comcast.net> wrote:

>> Did you receive an acknowledgement that your question was received? If so,
>> you'll just have to wait for them to get back to you.
>>
>> Have you tried the Dell Community Forums? They're a great source of
>> information from experienced users and Dell techs.
>>
>> --
>> Ted Zieglar
>> "You can do it if you try."

> Thanks for your reply Ted.

> No, I never received an acknowledgement from Dell but when I sent the email
> there was a "your email has been processed" message that popped up on my
> screen.

> I'm trying to get the motherboard fan replaced because I have been getting
> occasional blue screens and Dell Diagnostics in my utility partition
> reported that the fan is intermittantly running too slowly.

> I prefer to use email to contact tech support to avoid the frequent language
> issues that many have experienced when calling. Also in my past experience,
> email is usually quite speedy and no enduring long hold times.

> BEK

Don't expect the language barrier to disappear completely. My recent
support ticket was resolved via email. The person helping me used
form letters heavily and added only a line or two of broken English
specific to my situation.

But at least the accent goes away.

My ticket was a simple RMA. I needed a power brick replaced for a
laptop. Dunno how I would try to convince a script reader to
replace the motherboard...

Took about three days total to completely resolve the issue. I
had a reply to my original request in about 48 hours.