getting a fatal error messege when faxing

Hi all,
Every time i'm trying to fax a World document abroud (not localy) I get a
fatal error messege.
Using "help" tells me that its a protocol problem but not how to fix it.
can anyone help?
Thanks
Izhak
2 answers Last reply
More about getting fatal error messege faxing

    Can you remove and re-install the faxing software? Is you modem correctly
    set up with the correct manufacturer's drivers?

    "izhak" <izhak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Every time i'm trying to fax a World document abroud (not localy) I get a
    > fatal error messege.
    > Using "help" tells me that its a protocol problem but not how to fix it.
    > can anyone help?
    > Thanks
    > Izhak

    Hi Yves,
    Thanks for your reply.
    The modem is installed with the right CD.
    The fax is part of the Windows XP program.Midel: Microsoft Shared Fax Driver
    Should I uninstall it and reinstall only the fax? is it possible?

    Thanks
    Izhak

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > Can you remove and re-install the faxing software? Is you modem correctly
    > set up with the correct manufacturer's drivers?
    >

    > "izhak" <izhak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > Every time i'm trying to fax a World document abroud (not localy) I get a
    > > fatal error messege.
    > > Using "help" tells me that its a protocol problem but not how to fix it.
    > > can anyone help?
    > > Thanks
    > > Izhak

Microsoft Windows XP