Wiring speakers to my amplifier

Hello,
i have a J.W.Davis DA-120 Amplifier and i need to connect two speaker with 8 ohm. The amplifier have 4 screw in the output panel:
1: 4-16ohm
2: com
3: 25V
4: 70V

i don't know where to connect the 2 line of my speakers... can you explain me?

Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about wiring speakers amplifier
  1. These are regular speakers ? This is a mono public address amp and designed primarily to work with purpose built speakers that require the 25 and 70 volt power provided.

You might try putting a spare speaker (you can afford to damage) across the 4-16 ohm and com terminals and see what happens.

But I'd be inclined to contact the manufacturer for better advice than I can give:

http://www.jwd.com/da120m.htm
  2. leopak said:
    Hello,
    i have a J.W.Davis DA-120 Amplifier and i need to connect two speaker with 8 ohm. The amplifier have 4 screw in the output panel:
    1: 4-16ohm
    2: com
    3: 25V
    4: 70V

i don't know where to connect the 2 line of my speakers... can you explain me?

Thank you

If they are 8 ohm Hi Fi speakers one wire connects to 4-16 ohm and the other wire connects to com (thats two 8 ohm speakers, hooked in parallel, for a total load of 4 ohms).
    If the speakers are small public address speakers, with transformers attached, they hook to 25v or 70V and com.
    You have not described the speakers in detail.....but I can assume they are hi fi speakers.
Ask a new question

Read More

High-End Audio Speakers Connection Audio