Beep on Lat D800

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Hmmm. I'm in a library and my Dell is beeping every five minutes.
The speaker is muted, but I guess Dell's are old school and still
pipe the system beep through a separate channel.

Which wire do I cut??

It may be a Citrix problem. The remote machine is beeping, which
is making it's way to my system. If so, why isn't MY speaker mute
killing the remote sound? Well, I guess I'll go experiment with
Citrix to stop the remote/local sound thing.
14 answers Last reply
More about beep d800
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    from the on-line user guide provided with your computer...
    "A low-battery warning occurs when the battery charge is approximately 90
    percent depleted. The computer beeps once, indicating that minimal battery
    operating time remains. During that time, the speaker beeps periodically. If
    two batteries are installed, the low-battery warning means that the combined
    charge of both batteries is approximately 90 percent depleted. The computer
    enters hibernate mode when the battery charge is at a critically low level.
    For more information on low-battery alarms, see "Power Management."

    "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    news:c5ed5h$7ve$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > Hmmm. I'm in a library and my Dell is beeping every five minutes.
    > The speaker is muted, but I guess Dell's are old school and still
    > pipe the system beep through a separate channel.
    >
    > Which wire do I cut??
    >
    > It may be a Citrix problem. The remote machine is beeping, which
    > is making it's way to my system. If so, why isn't MY speaker mute
    > killing the remote sound? Well, I guess I'll go experiment with
    > Citrix to stop the remote/local sound thing.
    >
    >
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    The beeps are caused by Outlook, which is running remotely via a Citrix
    connection. I get beeps every time I get mail, which is quite often.
    The beeps are quite loud and &*&%&* annoying.

    - Outlook is beeping through Citrix into my machine.
    - Citrix is configured to squelch the remote sound, but it's not.
    - The D800 is supposed to mute sound, but it's not.
    - Outlook is supposed to have some config to stop the beeps, but it
    doesn't (97?)

    So, seriously, if there is another speaker in this laptop for the
    system bell, I want to know what wire to cut. :)


    Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > from the on-line user guide provided with your computer...
    > "A low-battery warning occurs when the battery charge is approximately 90
    > percent depleted. The computer beeps once, indicating that minimal battery
    > operating time remains. During that time, the speaker beeps periodically. If
    > two batteries are installed, the low-battery warning means that the combined
    > charge of both batteries is approximately 90 percent depleted. The computer
    > enters hibernate mode when the battery charge is at a critically low level.
    > For more information on low-battery alarms, see "Power Management."

    > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > news:c5ed5h$7ve$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    >> Hmmm. I'm in a library and my Dell is beeping every five minutes.
    >> The speaker is muted, but I guess Dell's are old school and still
    >> pipe the system beep through a separate channel.
    >>
    >> Which wire do I cut??
    >>
    >> It may be a Citrix problem. The remote machine is beeping, which
    >> is making it's way to my system. If so, why isn't MY speaker mute
    >> killing the remote sound? Well, I guess I'll go experiment with
    >> Citrix to stop the remote/local sound thing.
    >>
    >>
  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Try OE Tools-->Options-->General tab (right in front of you)
    uncheck "Play sound when new messages arrive" (in middle of display)


    "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    news:c5ehuu$9rk$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > The beeps are caused by Outlook, which is running remotely via a Citrix
    > connection. I get beeps every time I get mail, which is quite often.
    > The beeps are quite loud and &*&%&* annoying.
    >
    > - Outlook is beeping through Citrix into my machine.
    > - Citrix is configured to squelch the remote sound, but it's not.
    > - The D800 is supposed to mute sound, but it's not.
    > - Outlook is supposed to have some config to stop the beeps, but it
    > doesn't (97?)
    >
    > So, seriously, if there is another speaker in this laptop for the
    > system bell, I want to know what wire to cut. :)
    >
    >
    >
    > Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > > from the on-line user guide provided with your computer...
    > > "A low-battery warning occurs when the battery charge is approximately
    90
    > > percent depleted. The computer beeps once, indicating that minimal
    battery
    > > operating time remains. During that time, the speaker beeps
    periodically. If
    > > two batteries are installed, the low-battery warning means that the
    combined
    > > charge of both batteries is approximately 90 percent depleted. The
    computer
    > > enters hibernate mode when the battery charge is at a critically low
    level.
    > > For more information on low-battery alarms, see "Power Management."
    >
    > > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > > news:c5ed5h$7ve$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > >> Hmmm. I'm in a library and my Dell is beeping every five minutes.
    > >> The speaker is muted, but I guess Dell's are old school and still
    > >> pipe the system beep through a separate channel.
    > >>
    > >> Which wire do I cut??
    > >>
    > >> It may be a Citrix problem. The remote machine is beeping, which
    > >> is making it's way to my system. If so, why isn't MY speaker mute
    > >> killing the remote sound? Well, I guess I'll go experiment with
    > >> Citrix to stop the remote/local sound thing.
    > >>
    > >>
    >
    >
  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    There are 2 speakers... because is stereo.... no other speakers .... If you
    are so pissed just disable the sound device driver in control panel... no
    device(driver)= no sound

    --

    ------Splitskull-----

    "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    news:c5ehuu$9rk$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    | The beeps are caused by Outlook, which is running remotely via a Citrix
    | connection. I get beeps every time I get mail, which is quite often.
    | The beeps are quite loud and &*&%&* annoying.
    |
    | - Outlook is beeping through Citrix into my machine.
    | - Citrix is configured to squelch the remote sound, but it's not.
    | - The D800 is supposed to mute sound, but it's not.
    | - Outlook is supposed to have some config to stop the beeps, but it
    | doesn't (97?)
    |
    | So, seriously, if there is another speaker in this laptop for the
    | system bell, I want to know what wire to cut. :)
    |
    |
    |
    | Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    | > from the on-line user guide provided with your computer...
    | > "A low-battery warning occurs when the battery charge is approximately
    90
    | > percent depleted. The computer beeps once, indicating that minimal
    battery
    | > operating time remains. During that time, the speaker beeps
    periodically. If
    | > two batteries are installed, the low-battery warning means that the
    combined
    | > charge of both batteries is approximately 90 percent depleted. The
    computer
    | > enters hibernate mode when the battery charge is at a critically low
    level.
    | > For more information on low-battery alarms, see "Power Management."
    |
    | > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    | > news:c5ed5h$7ve$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    | >> Hmmm. I'm in a library and my Dell is beeping every five minutes.
    | >> The speaker is muted, but I guess Dell's are old school and still
    | >> pipe the system beep through a separate channel.
    | >>
    | >> Which wire do I cut??
    | >>
    | >> It may be a Citrix problem. The remote machine is beeping, which
    | >> is making it's way to my system. If so, why isn't MY speaker mute
    | >> killing the remote sound? Well, I guess I'll go experiment with
    | >> Citrix to stop the remote/local sound thing.
    | >>
    | >>
    |
    |
  5. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    ask your citrix administrator to disable the sound associated with 'new
    mail' for terminal sessions with your login. or change the frequency that
    email is automatically checked by outlook to longer than 5 minuets. or
    simply leave outlook closed until you want to check for new mail. cutting a
    speaker wire is eliminating the symptom but not the cause and has other
    implications (post beep codes will not sound which help considerably with
    diagnosing hardware failures). it would not be the wise thing to do.

    "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    news:c5ehuu$9rk$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > The beeps are caused by Outlook, which is running remotely via a Citrix
    > connection. I get beeps every time I get mail, which is quite often.
    > The beeps are quite loud and &*&%&* annoying.
    >
    > - Outlook is beeping through Citrix into my machine.
    > - Citrix is configured to squelch the remote sound, but it's not.
    > - The D800 is supposed to mute sound, but it's not.
    > - Outlook is supposed to have some config to stop the beeps, but it
    > doesn't (97?)
    >
    > So, seriously, if there is another speaker in this laptop for the
    > system bell, I want to know what wire to cut. :)
    >
    >
    >
    > Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > > from the on-line user guide provided with your computer...
    > > "A low-battery warning occurs when the battery charge is approximately
    90
    > > percent depleted. The computer beeps once, indicating that minimal
    battery
    > > operating time remains. During that time, the speaker beeps
    periodically. If
    > > two batteries are installed, the low-battery warning means that the
    combined
    > > charge of both batteries is approximately 90 percent depleted. The
    computer
    > > enters hibernate mode when the battery charge is at a critically low
    level.
    > > For more information on low-battery alarms, see "Power Management."
    >
    > > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > > news:c5ed5h$7ve$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > >> Hmmm. I'm in a library and my Dell is beeping every five minutes.
    > >> The speaker is muted, but I guess Dell's are old school and still
    > >> pipe the system beep through a separate channel.
    > >>
    > >> Which wire do I cut??
    > >>
    > >> It may be a Citrix problem. The remote machine is beeping, which
    > >> is making it's way to my system. If so, why isn't MY speaker mute
    > >> killing the remote sound? Well, I guess I'll go experiment with
    > >> Citrix to stop the remote/local sound thing.
    > >>
    > >>
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Splitskull <someone@somewhere.com> wrote:
    > There are 2 speakers... because is stereo.... no other speakers .... If you
    > are so pissed just disable the sound device driver in control panel... no
    > device(driver)= no sound

    > --

    BIOS traps aren't governed by the sound driver. (Meaningless to
    non-programmers, but put simply, there's no way to stop a this
    laptop from firing off a 90db tone.)

    It's alright tho. I found a good solution. The D800 is in my
    trunk smothered under some laundry. G5's are slick. To do:
    sell D800, buy Apple.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    that is about as logical as looking for a wire to cut. sorry that i
    actually took your question seriously only to find that you were just
    trooling.

    "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    news:c5f1i3$hdt$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > Splitskull <someone@somewhere.com> wrote:
    > > There are 2 speakers... because is stereo.... no other speakers .... If
    you
    > > are so pissed just disable the sound device driver in control panel...
    no
    > > device(driver)= no sound
    >
    > > --
    >
    > BIOS traps aren't governed by the sound driver. (Meaningless to
    > non-programmers, but put simply, there's no way to stop a this
    > laptop from firing off a 90db tone.)
    >
    > It's alright tho. I found a good solution. The D800 is in my
    > trunk smothered under some laundry. G5's are slick. To do:
    > sell D800, buy Apple.
    >
    >
  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > dude, have you lost your mind? you asked a question, get a reply, and
    > respond with insults. yet you say others fail to be open minded? did you

    .....

    Hey Chris, paste the insult RIGHT HERE. Let's stomp this annoyance.

    .....

    > even think about what i suggested? probably not.

    Absolutely not. You offered no solution besides agreeing to my solution
    to shutdown the system. Otherwise, for your first reply, you failed
    to read the question. You patronizingly read my manual to me. I chose
    to ignore you.

    Unfortunately you keep invading my thread with no useful discussion.
    So I'm addressing you directly on how you haunt this group just as much
    as you help. Stop acting like a know it all.

    > i have i remind myself
    > who am i talking to; a guy who thinks that the solution to a citrix
    > configuration problem is to buy a new computer. best of luck to you.

    A friend's car alarm malfunctioned at a funeral. Not only did I help
    disconnect the battery, I helped remove the alarm that night.
    It's a machine Chris. Because you won't look into the black box
    doesn't mean others can't.

    If it helps your ego, it's not Dell's fault. It's the system bios rom, the
    heritage, and a driver that possibly could trap the beep. It's also outdated
    software at my work place.

    But all said, the mute should still make the laptop silent. My next laptop
    will be Apple. I've been very happy with my iBook. OSX makes it much
    more of a cross platform solution. And Apple is finally solving some of
    the latest system problems (which is why I'm typing from a D800 to begin
    with).

    If this is your insult, you are one sad little pussy. Toughen the skin
    up and be a man. Listen to ideas that are contrary to your own and
    take rejection of advice gracefully. You seem to think because you
    said it I should do it.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    you are really confused. whatever i did to get so deeply embedded into your
    psyche that you has disturbed you so greatly to need to insult me and that
    you consider me a 'know it all' is something i don't get, but i am proud of
    it. it makes me think i have powers that i didn't know that i had. you
    being disturbed by a suggestion that the your poorly described beeping in
    your original post could possibly be a low battery alarm, corroborated by
    the description in the manual, is comment on how closed minded and defensive
    you are. why so angry dude? why not just say "thanks, i should have
    mentioned that i thought of that but that wasn't it..." and then move on.
    you still haven't responded to the citrix terminal session configuration
    suggestion. in short, you seem so upset with this problem that i think you
    are just here to complain and not to really find a solution. that would be
    consistent with your wacky remark about selling your dell and buying an
    apple. but that said i like to say that i found your alarm story funny
    despite that it has little to do with windows, citrix, and outlook... funny
    because it seems that you aren't the only person you know with electronics
    that beep at inappropriate times and because you seem to consistently look
    for unconventional solutions to solve symptoms instead of trying to solve
    the actual problem. and that's fine as long as it makes you happy, but you
    don't appear to be very happy.

    "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    news:c5m9ou$fbk$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > > dude, have you lost your mind? you asked a question, get a reply, and
    > > respond with insults. yet you say others fail to be open minded? did
    you
    >
    > ....
    >
    > Hey Chris, paste the insult RIGHT HERE. Let's stomp this annoyance.
    >
    > ....
    >
    > > even think about what i suggested? probably not.
    >
    > Absolutely not. You offered no solution besides agreeing to my solution
    > to shutdown the system. Otherwise, for your first reply, you failed
    > to read the question. You patronizingly read my manual to me. I chose
    > to ignore you.
    >
    > Unfortunately you keep invading my thread with no useful discussion.
    > So I'm addressing you directly on how you haunt this group just as much
    > as you help. Stop acting like a know it all.
    >
    > > i have i remind myself
    > > who am i talking to; a guy who thinks that the solution to a citrix
    > > configuration problem is to buy a new computer. best of luck to you.
    >
    > A friend's car alarm malfunctioned at a funeral. Not only did I help
    > disconnect the battery, I helped remove the alarm that night.
    > It's a machine Chris. Because you won't look into the black box
    > doesn't mean others can't.
    >
    > If it helps your ego, it's not Dell's fault. It's the system bios rom,
    the
    > heritage, and a driver that possibly could trap the beep. It's also
    outdated
    > software at my work place.
    >
    > But all said, the mute should still make the laptop silent. My next
    laptop
    > will be Apple. I've been very happy with my iBook. OSX makes it much
    > more of a cross platform solution. And Apple is finally solving some of
    > the latest system problems (which is why I'm typing from a D800 to begin
    > with).
    >
    > If this is your insult, you are one sad little pussy. Toughen the skin
    > up and be a man. Listen to ideas that are contrary to your own and
    > take rejection of advice gracefully. You seem to think because you
    > said it I should do it.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    I don't think you've answered my direct questions yet Chris, either the first
    inquiry about the BEEP from a Lat D800 or the second inquiry (made at least
    twice) about your insulted feelings. If you can't answer them, why keep
    posting??? Just say the obvious. I don't know a good solution to the
    beeping. And you weren't insulted (well, until the gloves came off)

    I think you haunt Usenet because it gives you a sense of control and a
    feeling of superiority. Most good technical answers on Usenet do not come from
    general purpose geeks, they come from people who have very specific
    experience with the exact configuration. GOOD answers. That doesn't
    mean a mediocre generalized answer doesn't help.

    The fact that you post so much to such a wide range of topics only
    shows you have no respect for meaningful targeted answers.
    It's like a race to see (among a few type-Mutos) who can post first
    in some psuedo-authorative way. It's a showoff of clowns.

    For beginners, generalized advice helps. But every post doesn't need to be
    subject to the same attention. Posts with technical sophistication with five
    Type-Mutos screaming "upgrade the BIOS" isn't helpful in my opinion.

    Don't stop on my advice, just consider it. You came into this thread
    going after me, not the other way around. You offered nothing, which
    is common enough, but kept at it for some control freak reason.

    Sorry, can't play anymore. Today anyway. No hard feelings, champ.

    Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > you are really confused. whatever i did to get so deeply embedded into your
    > psyche that you has disturbed you so greatly to need to insult me and that
    > you consider me a 'know it all' is something i don't get, but i am proud of
    > it. it makes me think i have powers that i didn't know that i had. you
    > being disturbed by a suggestion that the your poorly described beeping in
    > your original post could possibly be a low battery alarm, corroborated by
    > the description in the manual, is comment on how closed minded and defensive
    > you are. why so angry dude? why not just say "thanks, i should have
    > mentioned that i thought of that but that wasn't it..." and then move on.
    > you still haven't responded to the citrix terminal session configuration
    > suggestion. in short, you seem so upset with this problem that i think you
    > are just here to complain and not to really find a solution. that would be
    > consistent with your wacky remark about selling your dell and buying an
    > apple. but that said i like to say that i found your alarm story funny
    > despite that it has little to do with windows, citrix, and outlook... funny
    > because it seems that you aren't the only person you know with electronics
    > that beep at inappropriate times and because you seem to consistently look
    > for unconventional solutions to solve symptoms instead of trying to solve
    > the actual problem. and that's fine as long as it makes you happy, but you
    > don't appear to be very happy.

    > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > news:c5m9ou$fbk$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    >> Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >> > dude, have you lost your mind? you asked a question, get a reply, and
    >> > respond with insults. yet you say others fail to be open minded? did
    > you
    >>
    >> ....
    >>
    >> Hey Chris, paste the insult RIGHT HERE. Let's stomp this annoyance.
    >>
    >> ....
    >>
    >> > even think about what i suggested? probably not.
    >>
    >> Absolutely not. You offered no solution besides agreeing to my solution
    >> to shutdown the system. Otherwise, for your first reply, you failed
    >> to read the question. You patronizingly read my manual to me. I chose
    >> to ignore you.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately you keep invading my thread with no useful discussion.
    >> So I'm addressing you directly on how you haunt this group just as much
    >> as you help. Stop acting like a know it all.
    >>
    >> > i have i remind myself
    >> > who am i talking to; a guy who thinks that the solution to a citrix
    >> > configuration problem is to buy a new computer. best of luck to you.
    >>
    >> A friend's car alarm malfunctioned at a funeral. Not only did I help
    >> disconnect the battery, I helped remove the alarm that night.
    >> It's a machine Chris. Because you won't look into the black box
    >> doesn't mean others can't.
    >>
    >> If it helps your ego, it's not Dell's fault. It's the system bios rom,
    > the
    >> heritage, and a driver that possibly could trap the beep. It's also
    > outdated
    >> software at my work place.
    >>
    >> But all said, the mute should still make the laptop silent. My next
    > laptop
    >> will be Apple. I've been very happy with my iBook. OSX makes it much
    >> more of a cross platform solution. And Apple is finally solving some of
    >> the latest system problems (which is why I'm typing from a D800 to begin
    >> with).
    >>
    >> If this is your insult, you are one sad little pussy. Toughen the skin
    >> up and be a man. Listen to ideas that are contrary to your own and
    >> take rejection of advice gracefully. You seem to think because you
    >> said it I should do it.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    wow, you need help. and despite you thinking that i am i know it all, i
    admit that i don't have a degree in psychology and so can't help you with
    your problem. but i encourage you to seek someone that does. seriously,
    this must go way deeper then your petty hostility toward me. it could be a
    wake up call for you to change your life for the better. take your own
    advice and be open minded about it.

    "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    news:c5mdo0$gs4$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > I don't think you've answered my direct questions yet Chris, either the
    first
    > inquiry about the BEEP from a Lat D800 or the second inquiry (made at
    least
    > twice) about your insulted feelings. If you can't answer them, why keep
    > posting??? Just say the obvious. I don't know a good solution to the
    > beeping. And you weren't insulted (well, until the gloves came off)
    >
    > I think you haunt Usenet because it gives you a sense of control and a
    > feeling of superiority. Most good technical answers on Usenet do not come
    from
    > general purpose geeks, they come from people who have very specific
    > experience with the exact configuration. GOOD answers. That doesn't
    > mean a mediocre generalized answer doesn't help.
    >
    > The fact that you post so much to such a wide range of topics only
    > shows you have no respect for meaningful targeted answers.
    > It's like a race to see (among a few type-Mutos) who can post first
    > in some psuedo-authorative way. It's a showoff of clowns.
    >
    > For beginners, generalized advice helps. But every post doesn't need to
    be
    > subject to the same attention. Posts with technical sophistication with
    five
    > Type-Mutos screaming "upgrade the BIOS" isn't helpful in my opinion.
    >
    > Don't stop on my advice, just consider it. You came into this thread
    > going after me, not the other way around. You offered nothing, which
    > is common enough, but kept at it for some control freak reason.
    >
    > Sorry, can't play anymore. Today anyway. No hard feelings, champ.
    >
    > Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > > you are really confused. whatever i did to get so deeply embedded into
    your
    > > psyche that you has disturbed you so greatly to need to insult me and
    that
    > > you consider me a 'know it all' is something i don't get, but i am proud
    of
    > > it. it makes me think i have powers that i didn't know that i had. you
    > > being disturbed by a suggestion that the your poorly described beeping
    in
    > > your original post could possibly be a low battery alarm, corroborated
    by
    > > the description in the manual, is comment on how closed minded and
    defensive
    > > you are. why so angry dude? why not just say "thanks, i should have
    > > mentioned that i thought of that but that wasn't it..." and then move
    on.
    > > you still haven't responded to the citrix terminal session configuration
    > > suggestion. in short, you seem so upset with this problem that i think
    you
    > > are just here to complain and not to really find a solution. that would
    be
    > > consistent with your wacky remark about selling your dell and buying an
    > > apple. but that said i like to say that i found your alarm story funny
    > > despite that it has little to do with windows, citrix, and outlook...
    funny
    > > because it seems that you aren't the only person you know with
    electronics
    > > that beep at inappropriate times and because you seem to consistently
    look
    > > for unconventional solutions to solve symptoms instead of trying to
    solve
    > > the actual problem. and that's fine as long as it makes you happy, but
    you
    > > don't appear to be very happy.
    >
    > > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > > news:c5m9ou$fbk$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > >> Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > >> > dude, have you lost your mind? you asked a question, get a reply,
    and
    > >> > respond with insults. yet you say others fail to be open minded? did
    > > you
    > >>
    > >> ....
    > >>
    > >> Hey Chris, paste the insult RIGHT HERE. Let's stomp this annoyance.
    > >>
    > >> ....
    > >>
    > >> > even think about what i suggested? probably not.
    > >>
    > >> Absolutely not. You offered no solution besides agreeing to my
    solution
    > >> to shutdown the system. Otherwise, for your first reply, you failed
    > >> to read the question. You patronizingly read my manual to me. I chose
    > >> to ignore you.
    > >>
    > >> Unfortunately you keep invading my thread with no useful discussion.
    > >> So I'm addressing you directly on how you haunt this group just as much
    > >> as you help. Stop acting like a know it all.
    > >>
    > >> > i have i remind myself
    > >> > who am i talking to; a guy who thinks that the solution to a citrix
    > >> > configuration problem is to buy a new computer. best of luck to you.
    > >>
    > >> A friend's car alarm malfunctioned at a funeral. Not only did I help
    > >> disconnect the battery, I helped remove the alarm that night.
    > >> It's a machine Chris. Because you won't look into the black box
    > >> doesn't mean others can't.
    > >>
    > >> If it helps your ego, it's not Dell's fault. It's the system bios rom,
    > > the
    > >> heritage, and a driver that possibly could trap the beep. It's also
    > > outdated
    > >> software at my work place.
    > >>
    > >> But all said, the mute should still make the laptop silent. My next
    > > laptop
    > >> will be Apple. I've been very happy with my iBook. OSX makes it much
    > >> more of a cross platform solution. And Apple is finally solving some
    of
    > >> the latest system problems (which is why I'm typing from a D800 to
    begin
    > >> with).
    > >>
    > >> If this is your insult, you are one sad little pussy. Toughen the skin
    > >> up and be a man. Listen to ideas that are contrary to your own and
    > >> take rejection of advice gracefully. You seem to think because you
    > >> said it I should do it.
    >
    >
  12. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Chris, it seems alt.sys.pc-clone.dell is very important to you.
    Have your cake and eat it too, Dell Man. You rule the coop.

    Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > wow, you need help. and despite you thinking that i am i know it all, i
    > admit that i don't have a degree in psychology and so can't help you with
    > your problem. but i encourage you to seek someone that does. seriously,
    > this must go way deeper then your petty hostility toward me. it could be a
    > wake up call for you to change your life for the better. take your own
    > advice and be open minded about it.

    > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > news:c5mdo0$gs4$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    >> I don't think you've answered my direct questions yet Chris, either the
    > first
    >> inquiry about the BEEP from a Lat D800 or the second inquiry (made at
    > least
    >> twice) about your insulted feelings. If you can't answer them, why keep
    >> posting??? Just say the obvious. I don't know a good solution to the
    >> beeping. And you weren't insulted (well, until the gloves came off)
    >>
    >> I think you haunt Usenet because it gives you a sense of control and a
    >> feeling of superiority. Most good technical answers on Usenet do not come
    > from
    >> general purpose geeks, they come from people who have very specific
    >> experience with the exact configuration. GOOD answers. That doesn't
    >> mean a mediocre generalized answer doesn't help.
    >>
    >> The fact that you post so much to such a wide range of topics only
    >> shows you have no respect for meaningful targeted answers.
    >> It's like a race to see (among a few type-Mutos) who can post first
    >> in some psuedo-authorative way. It's a showoff of clowns.
    >>
    >> For beginners, generalized advice helps. But every post doesn't need to
    > be
    >> subject to the same attention. Posts with technical sophistication with
    > five
    >> Type-Mutos screaming "upgrade the BIOS" isn't helpful in my opinion.
    >>
    >> Don't stop on my advice, just consider it. You came into this thread
    >> going after me, not the other way around. You offered nothing, which
    >> is common enough, but kept at it for some control freak reason.
    >>
    >> Sorry, can't play anymore. Today anyway. No hard feelings, champ.
    >>
    >> Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >> > you are really confused. whatever i did to get so deeply embedded into
    > your
    >> > psyche that you has disturbed you so greatly to need to insult me and
    > that
    >> > you consider me a 'know it all' is something i don't get, but i am proud
    > of
    >> > it. it makes me think i have powers that i didn't know that i had. you
    >> > being disturbed by a suggestion that the your poorly described beeping
    > in
    >> > your original post could possibly be a low battery alarm, corroborated
    > by
    >> > the description in the manual, is comment on how closed minded and
    > defensive
    >> > you are. why so angry dude? why not just say "thanks, i should have
    >> > mentioned that i thought of that but that wasn't it..." and then move
    > on.
    >> > you still haven't responded to the citrix terminal session configuration
    >> > suggestion. in short, you seem so upset with this problem that i think
    > you
    >> > are just here to complain and not to really find a solution. that would
    > be
    >> > consistent with your wacky remark about selling your dell and buying an
    >> > apple. but that said i like to say that i found your alarm story funny
    >> > despite that it has little to do with windows, citrix, and outlook...
    > funny
    >> > because it seems that you aren't the only person you know with
    > electronics
    >> > that beep at inappropriate times and because you seem to consistently
    > look
    >> > for unconventional solutions to solve symptoms instead of trying to
    > solve
    >> > the actual problem. and that's fine as long as it makes you happy, but
    > you
    >> > don't appear to be very happy.
    >>
    >> > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    >> > news:c5m9ou$fbk$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    >> >> Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >> >> > dude, have you lost your mind? you asked a question, get a reply,
    > and
    >> >> > respond with insults. yet you say others fail to be open minded? did
    >> > you
    >> >>
    >> >> ....
    >> >>
    >> >> Hey Chris, paste the insult RIGHT HERE. Let's stomp this annoyance.
    >> >>
    >> >> ....
    >> >>
    >> >> > even think about what i suggested? probably not.
    >> >>
    >> >> Absolutely not. You offered no solution besides agreeing to my
    > solution
    >> >> to shutdown the system. Otherwise, for your first reply, you failed
    >> >> to read the question. You patronizingly read my manual to me. I chose
    >> >> to ignore you.
    >> >>
    >> >> Unfortunately you keep invading my thread with no useful discussion.
    >> >> So I'm addressing you directly on how you haunt this group just as much
    >> >> as you help. Stop acting like a know it all.
    >> >>
    >> >> > i have i remind myself
    >> >> > who am i talking to; a guy who thinks that the solution to a citrix
    >> >> > configuration problem is to buy a new computer. best of luck to you.
    >> >>
    >> >> A friend's car alarm malfunctioned at a funeral. Not only did I help
    >> >> disconnect the battery, I helped remove the alarm that night.
    >> >> It's a machine Chris. Because you won't look into the black box
    >> >> doesn't mean others can't.
    >> >>
    >> >> If it helps your ego, it's not Dell's fault. It's the system bios rom,
    >> > the
    >> >> heritage, and a driver that possibly could trap the beep. It's also
    >> > outdated
    >> >> software at my work place.
    >> >>
    >> >> But all said, the mute should still make the laptop silent. My next
    >> > laptop
    >> >> will be Apple. I've been very happy with my iBook. OSX makes it much
    >> >> more of a cross platform solution. And Apple is finally solving some
    > of
    >> >> the latest system problems (which is why I'm typing from a D800 to
    > begin
    >> >> with).
    >> >>
    >> >> If this is your insult, you are one sad little pussy. Toughen the skin
    >> >> up and be a man. Listen to ideas that are contrary to your own and
    >> >> take rejection of advice gracefully. You seem to think because you
    >> >> said it I should do it.
    >>
    >>
  13. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Glad to see we're all friends again. Lets move on, shall we? We get enough
    trolls in this group - no need for intelligent people to bicker with each
    other.

    Rocky

    "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    news:c5mhka$iag$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > Chris, it seems alt.sys.pc-clone.dell is very important to you.
    > Have your cake and eat it too, Dell Man. You rule the coop.
    >
    > Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > > wow, you need help. and despite you thinking that i am i know it all, i
    > > admit that i don't have a degree in psychology and so can't help you
    with
    > > your problem. but i encourage you to seek someone that does.
    seriously,
    > > this must go way deeper then your petty hostility toward me. it could
    be a
    > > wake up call for you to change your life for the better. take your own
    > > advice and be open minded about it.
    >
    > > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > > news:c5mdo0$gs4$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > >> I don't think you've answered my direct questions yet Chris, either the
    > > first
    > >> inquiry about the BEEP from a Lat D800 or the second inquiry (made at
    > > least
    > >> twice) about your insulted feelings. If you can't answer them, why
    keep
    > >> posting??? Just say the obvious. I don't know a good solution to the
    > >> beeping. And you weren't insulted (well, until the gloves came off)
    > >>
    > >> I think you haunt Usenet because it gives you a sense of control and a
    > >> feeling of superiority. Most good technical answers on Usenet do not
    come
    > > from
    > >> general purpose geeks, they come from people who have very specific
    > >> experience with the exact configuration. GOOD answers. That doesn't
    > >> mean a mediocre generalized answer doesn't help.
    > >>
    > >> The fact that you post so much to such a wide range of topics only
    > >> shows you have no respect for meaningful targeted answers.
    > >> It's like a race to see (among a few type-Mutos) who can post first
    > >> in some psuedo-authorative way. It's a showoff of clowns.
    > >>
    > >> For beginners, generalized advice helps. But every post doesn't need
    to
    > > be
    > >> subject to the same attention. Posts with technical sophistication
    with
    > > five
    > >> Type-Mutos screaming "upgrade the BIOS" isn't helpful in my opinion.
    > >>
    > >> Don't stop on my advice, just consider it. You came into this thread
    > >> going after me, not the other way around. You offered nothing, which
    > >> is common enough, but kept at it for some control freak reason.
    > >>
    > >> Sorry, can't play anymore. Today anyway. No hard feelings, champ.
    > >>
    > >> Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > >> > you are really confused. whatever i did to get so deeply embedded
    into
    > > your
    > >> > psyche that you has disturbed you so greatly to need to insult me and
    > > that
    > >> > you consider me a 'know it all' is something i don't get, but i am
    proud
    > > of
    > >> > it. it makes me think i have powers that i didn't know that i had.
    you
    > >> > being disturbed by a suggestion that the your poorly described
    beeping
    > > in
    > >> > your original post could possibly be a low battery alarm,
    corroborated
    > > by
    > >> > the description in the manual, is comment on how closed minded and
    > > defensive
    > >> > you are. why so angry dude? why not just say "thanks, i should have
    > >> > mentioned that i thought of that but that wasn't it..." and then
    move
    > > on.
    > >> > you still haven't responded to the citrix terminal session
    configuration
    > >> > suggestion. in short, you seem so upset with this problem that i
    think
    > > you
    > >> > are just here to complain and not to really find a solution. that
    would
    > > be
    > >> > consistent with your wacky remark about selling your dell and buying
    an
    > >> > apple. but that said i like to say that i found your alarm story
    funny
    > >> > despite that it has little to do with windows, citrix, and outlook...
    > > funny
    > >> > because it seems that you aren't the only person you know with
    > > electronics
    > >> > that beep at inappropriate times and because you seem to consistently
    > > look
    > >> > for unconventional solutions to solve symptoms instead of trying to
    > > solve
    > >> > the actual problem. and that's fine as long as it makes you happy,
    but
    > > you
    > >> > don't appear to be very happy.
    > >>
    > >> > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > >> > news:c5m9ou$fbk$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > >> >> Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > >> >> > dude, have you lost your mind? you asked a question, get a reply,
    > > and
    > >> >> > respond with insults. yet you say others fail to be open minded?
    did
    > >> > you
    > >> >>
    > >> >> ....
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Hey Chris, paste the insult RIGHT HERE. Let's stomp this annoyance.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> ....
    > >> >>
    > >> >> > even think about what i suggested? probably not.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Absolutely not. You offered no solution besides agreeing to my
    > > solution
    > >> >> to shutdown the system. Otherwise, for your first reply, you failed
    > >> >> to read the question. You patronizingly read my manual to me. I
    chose
    > >> >> to ignore you.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Unfortunately you keep invading my thread with no useful
    discussion.
    > >> >> So I'm addressing you directly on how you haunt this group just as
    much
    > >> >> as you help. Stop acting like a know it all.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> > i have i remind myself
    > >> >> > who am i talking to; a guy who thinks that the solution to a
    citrix
    > >> >> > configuration problem is to buy a new computer. best of luck to
    you.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> A friend's car alarm malfunctioned at a funeral. Not only did I
    help
    > >> >> disconnect the battery, I helped remove the alarm that night.
    > >> >> It's a machine Chris. Because you won't look into the black box
    > >> >> doesn't mean others can't.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> If it helps your ego, it's not Dell's fault. It's the system bios
    rom,
    > >> > the
    > >> >> heritage, and a driver that possibly could trap the beep. It's also
    > >> > outdated
    > >> >> software at my work place.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> But all said, the mute should still make the laptop silent. My next
    > >> > laptop
    > >> >> will be Apple. I've been very happy with my iBook. OSX makes it
    much
    > >> >> more of a cross platform solution. And Apple is finally solving
    some
    > > of
    > >> >> the latest system problems (which is why I'm typing from a D800 to
    > > begin
    > >> >> with).
    > >> >>
    > >> >> If this is your insult, you are one sad little pussy. Toughen the
    skin
    > >> >> up and be a man. Listen to ideas that are contrary to your own and
    > >> >> take rejection of advice gracefully. You seem to think because you
    > >> >> said it I should do it.
    > >>
    > >>
    >
    >
  14. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    manners are important to me. you post a question, get and answer, and
    instead of either just ignoring it, or politely responding and trying to
    engage in a discussion (that is why you came here right? this is a
    discussion group), you respond by going on the attack. your behavior is
    rude and illogical and doesn't encourage any onlookers to offer you any
    insight into your computer problem. your additional posts are filled with
    smart ass remarks ('solution found; put laptop under blankets', and 'to do:
    sell pc buy apple') and exaggerations provide further evidence of your poor
    judgment. i can appreciate that you may be so very frustrated by this
    beeping problem that escapes your comprehension that it can make you very
    angry; so angry that you find yourself misdirecting that anger at someone
    that might actually be trying to help you. that seems to be the case here.
    at least i would like to think that you don't always behave this way. let's
    hope your new apple will help you find some inner peace.

    "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    news:c5mhka$iag$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > Chris, it seems alt.sys.pc-clone.dell is very important to you.
    > Have your cake and eat it too, Dell Man. You rule the coop.
    >
    > Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > > wow, you need help. and despite you thinking that i am i know it all, i
    > > admit that i don't have a degree in psychology and so can't help you
    with
    > > your problem. but i encourage you to seek someone that does.
    seriously,
    > > this must go way deeper then your petty hostility toward me. it could
    be a
    > > wake up call for you to change your life for the better. take your own
    > > advice and be open minded about it.
    >
    > > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > > news:c5mdo0$gs4$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > >> I don't think you've answered my direct questions yet Chris, either the
    > > first
    > >> inquiry about the BEEP from a Lat D800 or the second inquiry (made at
    > > least
    > >> twice) about your insulted feelings. If you can't answer them, why
    keep
    > >> posting??? Just say the obvious. I don't know a good solution to the
    > >> beeping. And you weren't insulted (well, until the gloves came off)
    > >>
    > >> I think you haunt Usenet because it gives you a sense of control and a
    > >> feeling of superiority. Most good technical answers on Usenet do not
    come
    > > from
    > >> general purpose geeks, they come from people who have very specific
    > >> experience with the exact configuration. GOOD answers. That doesn't
    > >> mean a mediocre generalized answer doesn't help.
    > >>
    > >> The fact that you post so much to such a wide range of topics only
    > >> shows you have no respect for meaningful targeted answers.
    > >> It's like a race to see (among a few type-Mutos) who can post first
    > >> in some psuedo-authorative way. It's a showoff of clowns.
    > >>
    > >> For beginners, generalized advice helps. But every post doesn't need
    to
    > > be
    > >> subject to the same attention. Posts with technical sophistication
    with
    > > five
    > >> Type-Mutos screaming "upgrade the BIOS" isn't helpful in my opinion.
    > >>
    > >> Don't stop on my advice, just consider it. You came into this thread
    > >> going after me, not the other way around. You offered nothing, which
    > >> is common enough, but kept at it for some control freak reason.
    > >>
    > >> Sorry, can't play anymore. Today anyway. No hard feelings, champ.
    > >>
    > >> Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > >> > you are really confused. whatever i did to get so deeply embedded
    into
    > > your
    > >> > psyche that you has disturbed you so greatly to need to insult me and
    > > that
    > >> > you consider me a 'know it all' is something i don't get, but i am
    proud
    > > of
    > >> > it. it makes me think i have powers that i didn't know that i had.
    you
    > >> > being disturbed by a suggestion that the your poorly described
    beeping
    > > in
    > >> > your original post could possibly be a low battery alarm,
    corroborated
    > > by
    > >> > the description in the manual, is comment on how closed minded and
    > > defensive
    > >> > you are. why so angry dude? why not just say "thanks, i should have
    > >> > mentioned that i thought of that but that wasn't it..." and then
    move
    > > on.
    > >> > you still haven't responded to the citrix terminal session
    configuration
    > >> > suggestion. in short, you seem so upset with this problem that i
    think
    > > you
    > >> > are just here to complain and not to really find a solution. that
    would
    > > be
    > >> > consistent with your wacky remark about selling your dell and buying
    an
    > >> > apple. but that said i like to say that i found your alarm story
    funny
    > >> > despite that it has little to do with windows, citrix, and outlook...
    > > funny
    > >> > because it seems that you aren't the only person you know with
    > > electronics
    > >> > that beep at inappropriate times and because you seem to consistently
    > > look
    > >> > for unconventional solutions to solve symptoms instead of trying to
    > > solve
    > >> > the actual problem. and that's fine as long as it makes you happy,
    but
    > > you
    > >> > don't appear to be very happy.
    > >>
    > >> > "Noah" <nfox@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
    > >> > news:c5m9ou$fbk$1@gondor.sdsu.edu...
    > >> >> Christopher Muto <muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    > >> >> > dude, have you lost your mind? you asked a question, get a reply,
    > > and
    > >> >> > respond with insults. yet you say others fail to be open minded?
    did
    > >> > you
    > >> >>
    > >> >> ....
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Hey Chris, paste the insult RIGHT HERE. Let's stomp this annoyance.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> ....
    > >> >>
    > >> >> > even think about what i suggested? probably not.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Absolutely not. You offered no solution besides agreeing to my
    > > solution
    > >> >> to shutdown the system. Otherwise, for your first reply, you failed
    > >> >> to read the question. You patronizingly read my manual to me. I
    chose
    > >> >> to ignore you.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Unfortunately you keep invading my thread with no useful
    discussion.
    > >> >> So I'm addressing you directly on how you haunt this group just as
    much
    > >> >> as you help. Stop acting like a know it all.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> > i have i remind myself
    > >> >> > who am i talking to; a guy who thinks that the solution to a
    citrix
    > >> >> > configuration problem is to buy a new computer. best of luck to
    you.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> A friend's car alarm malfunctioned at a funeral. Not only did I
    help
    > >> >> disconnect the battery, I helped remove the alarm that night.
    > >> >> It's a machine Chris. Because you won't look into the black box
    > >> >> doesn't mean others can't.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> If it helps your ego, it's not Dell's fault. It's the system bios
    rom,
    > >> > the
    > >> >> heritage, and a driver that possibly could trap the beep. It's also
    > >> > outdated
    > >> >> software at my work place.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> But all said, the mute should still make the laptop silent. My next
    > >> > laptop
    > >> >> will be Apple. I've been very happy with my iBook. OSX makes it
    much
    > >> >> more of a cross platform solution. And Apple is finally solving
    some
    > > of
    > >> >> the latest system problems (which is why I'm typing from a D800 to
    > > begin
    > >> >> with).
    > >> >>
    > >> >> If this is your insult, you are one sad little pussy. Toughen the
    skin
    > >> >> up and be a man. Listen to ideas that are contrary to your own and
    > >> >> take rejection of advice gracefully. You seem to think because you
    > >> >> said it I should do it.
    > >>
    > >>
    >
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Speakers Citrix Computers