LTE 5400 PCMCIA card not seen

Compaq LTE 5400 laptop
150MHz Pentium
Win98SE

Can insert modem card and it shows up in Control Panel / PC Cards
(PCMCIA) but when a Belkin USB Busport Mobile or a SKD USB2 Cardbus
card is inserted neither are detected.

Can't find anything useful online. Even the link to the manual on the
Compaq/HP site results in 'file not found'.

Culd it be a case of slot is 16-bit and cards are 32-bit? Is there a
way to overcome this?

Thanks

hi,
> Culd it be a case of slot is 16-bit and cards are 32-bit? Is there a
> way to overcome this?

exactly ;). And there is no waz to overcome it ;) USB is def. not
possible with the LTE 5xxx.

Regards,

Euro

GraB wrote:
> Compaq LTE 5400 laptop
> 150MHz Pentium
> Win98SE
>
> Can insert modem card and it shows up in Control Panel / PC Cards
> (PCMCIA) but when a Belkin USB Busport Mobile or a SKD USB2 Cardbus
> card is inserted neither are detected.
>
> Can't find anything useful online. Even the link to the manual on the
> Compaq/HP site results in 'file not found'.
>
> Culd it be a case of slot is 16-bit and cards are 32-bit? Is there a
> way to overcome this?
>
> Thanks

That makes no sense. A 32-bit card is shaped differently on the edges and
will not fit into a 16-bit slot.
"European" <jmpt@softhome.net> wrote in message
> hi,
>> Culd it be a case of slot is 16-bit and cards are 32-bit? Is there a
>> way to overcome this?
>
> exactly ;). And there is no waz to overcome it ;) USB is def. not
> possible with the LTE 5xxx.
>

> Regards,
>
> Euro
>

> GraB wrote:
>> Compaq LTE 5400 laptop
>> 150MHz Pentium
>> Win98SE
>>
>> Can insert modem card and it shows up in Control Panel / PC Cards
>> (PCMCIA) but when a Belkin USB Busport Mobile or a SKD USB2 Cardbus
>> card is inserted neither are detected.
>>
>> Can't find anything useful online. Even the link to the manual on the
>> Compaq/HP site results in 'file not found'.
>>
>> Culd it be a case of slot is 16-bit and cards are 32-bit? Is there a
>> way to overcome this?
>>
>> Thanks

You sure? Belkin says if the slot is 16-bit, it just won't work.
3.3v and 5v cards are keyed differently, I understand.

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:11:44 GMT, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
wrote:

>That makes no sense. A 32-bit card is shaped differently on the edges and
>will not fit into a 16-bit slot.
>"European" <jmpt@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> hi,
>>> Culd it be a case of slot is 16-bit and cards are 32-bit? Is there a
>>> way to overcome this?
>>
>> exactly ;). And there is no waz to overcome it ;) USB is def. not
>> possible with the LTE 5xxx.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Euro
>>

>> GraB wrote:
>>> Compaq LTE 5400 laptop
>>> 150MHz Pentium
>>> Win98SE
>>>
>>> Can insert modem card and it shows up in Control Panel / PC Cards
>>> (PCMCIA) but when a Belkin USB Busport Mobile or a SKD USB2 Cardbus
>>> card is inserted neither are detected.
>>>
>>> Can't find anything useful online. Even the link to the manual on the
>>> Compaq/HP site results in 'file not found'.
>>>
>>> Culd it be a case of slot is 16-bit and cards are 32-bit? Is there a
>>> way to overcome this?
>>>
>>> Thanks

No, not sure -- doing it from memory. Pretty long time since I've seen a
16-bit slot.

On 6 Jun 2005 10:54:41 -0700, "European" <jmpt@softhome.net> wrote:

>hi,
>> Culd it be a case of slot is 16-bit and cards are 32-bit? Is there a
>> way to overcome this?
>
>exactly ;). And there is no waz to overcome it ;) USB is def. not
>possible with the LTE 5xxx.

Thankyou for that.

TRENDING THREADS