Newegg.com question

Un4GiveN

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2002
I was recently going to buy a Microsoft wireless Intellimouse Explorer off of newegg and I don't know what to make of this comment that is on almost all of the mouses for sale "**Must be purchased with hardware!**" What does this mean?

"Long live the Dreamcast..., wait it's dead? long live Sega and the PC."

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Well, I noticed that all the mice that have that next to them also say "O.E.M."...sounds like you can't buy just the mouse by itself? I'm not sure though.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

dhlucke

Polypheme
lol....mouses

They have the same thing for windows OS last I checked. You should be able to find something for a dollar on their site in case you really don't need anything else. Look under the accessories.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">The French are being described as cheese-eating surrender monkeys.</A></font color=red>

Cuda

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2003
OEM means it must be purchased as part of semi-complete system. The prices on these items are usually better than Retail. It allows system builders to make a profit on thier complete systems.

shifty_jim101

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2003
Try ordering from www.googlegear.com
Intellimouse (optical 5 button OEM) runs about 23$ with 2day shipping, they automatically 'sell' you an audio cable for $0.00 in order to comply with Microsoft's OEM policy :)
PRetty freakin sweet if you ask me ;)

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
i've delt with both newegg and googlegear, googlegear's great as long as you don't have to return anything (they sat on my ram return for 2 weeks, 2 phone calls and 3 e-mails to get them to send something back) newegg has a great return service. (psu died, got one back within a week) that's about the only difference between them. But with OEM windows, i see that being a requirement everywhere, probably pack it with the product your buying so it doesn't get killed. A lot of OEM products (suck as windows) come with a booklet and cd, and that's it. Packing it together probably saves on shipping costs.

"What kind of idiot are you?"
"I don't know, what kinds are there?"

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
What if you had mice using mouses? Would the collective term then be mices?

The only way France is going in is if we tell them we've discovered truffles in Iraq. -Dennis Miller

hellodeadcat

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2003
I have that mouse.. it sits and collects dust at the moment. I thought it had terrible response time (do not try to play games with it) and it ate batteries. Just for the heck of it, I tried installing the driver to see if there would be any performance gains (yes wishfull thinking). The driver wanted to phone home to m$. What bill gates wants to know about my mouse usage is well beyond my grasp.

dhlucke

Polypheme
That is the correct plural term, you know. Mice is only for the living variety

ROFL. I'm sorry. ROFL

A: "I'd like to buy two mouses please"

B: "Did you say mousies?"

A: "Do you have two mouses I can buy?"

B: "Do you mean mice or mousies?"

A: "Screw you! I'm going home!"

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">The French are being described as cheese-eating surrender monkeys.</A></font color=red>