Sign in with
Your question

Anybody knows when UT and Quake 4 will come out?

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
March 10, 2002 12:03:00 AM

Hoping for any response:) 

More about : quake

March 10, 2002 12:57:44 AM

UT2 - Soon
Quake 4- Probably 2-3 years

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.
Anonymous
March 10, 2002 1:30:56 AM

Kidding?
I don't think Q4 will take such long.
Anybody knows further info?
Related resources
March 10, 2002 2:24:30 AM

Quake 4-year
UT -----4 mounths

What I'm looking forward to is Dungeon Siege---coming out next month
March 11, 2002 3:08:22 AM

Is Quake 4 even in developement? I have not heard a single thing about it and assumed all id's resources were involved with Doom3. But as far as UT2, I think Unreal 2 is coming out before that so you will at least have to wait until U2 is released.

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.
March 11, 2002 11:11:28 AM

Q4 is definately in development, there was an article about it in PC Gamer a few months back. its going to be "story-based" like Q2, rather than a "shoot em up" like Q3. new doom is gonna be like Q3.

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....
March 11, 2002 5:41:40 PM

Ok, let's slow down and remember which Unreal games are which, shall we?

Unreal - Been out for a long time, first in series.
Unreal Tournament - Been out for a while, newest at the moment.
Unreal 2 - To be released in June, Amazon has it for preorder on the 23rd, I believe.
Unreal Tournament 2 - Don't hold your breath.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!
March 11, 2002 7:05:20 PM

the new doom will certainly not be like quake3. every single report, interview, and any information at all from john carmack has stated that doom3 will be story based in stark contrast to the old dooms and quakes. have you read anything indicating that doom3 will just be shoot 'em up multiplay cause if so I'm gonna stop holding my breath for it.

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.
March 11, 2002 8:45:38 PM

i read about that in the same article. i will definately look for it tonight, and repost.

March 14, 2002 12:43:26 PM

from the oct 2001 pc gamer reguarding Quake 4: "....Raven will make the game using the new Doom engine. importantly, given the multiplayer focus of Quake 3, raven will be constructing a primarily single player experience picking up in the Quake 2 universe and following the "War on Stroggos" storyline."
ill find the doom info soon....

March 17, 2002 3:27:37 AM

here it is officially,
Unreal 2 = End of the up comming summer.
Unreal tournament 2 = Next october.
Quake 4 = Never will be one, instead they are developing a new doom which will replace it. That game is to be released in abouta year or longer.
March 17, 2002 12:44:20 PM

UT - Pushed back to Xmas. Multi play taken out. They say "We want to focus on making the best 10 hr single player game we can" What a rip !!!!

The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.
March 17, 2002 5:45:38 PM

there will definately be both a new doom AND q4. q4 is 80% done and will be out in ~6+ months according to pc gamer and computer gaming world.

March 17, 2002 7:59:10 PM

Are you sure? Because i've been hearing everywhere that q4 is going to be the new doom, That is what all the magazines ahve been saying.
March 17, 2002 8:32:10 PM

well, i can only be as sure as what i read. those two mags reported that there will be 2 games on a number of occasions. lets just hope they're right.

March 18, 2002 1:15:46 AM

That's odd, because I was playing UT not 10 minutes ago, and there was lots of multiplayer built right in.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!
March 18, 2002 6:26:44 AM

Really? No way!

<pre>me too</pre><p>
<font color=red>If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</font color=red>
March 18, 2002 11:23:59 AM

"That's odd, because I was playing UT not 10 minutes ago, and there was lots of multiplayer built right in."

I ment UT2 was pushed back 'till Xmas and will have no multi .... duh :o ) I don't know what you are on about !
Here is the link that I got my info from:

<A HREF="http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,28556..." target="_new">http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,28556...;/A>

Thanks,
-N-

The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.
March 18, 2002 11:33:12 AM

Fatburger wrote:
Unreal - Been out for a long time, first in series.
Unreal Tournament - Been out for a while, newest at the moment.
Unreal 2 - To be released in June, Amazon has it for preorder on the 23rd, I believe.
Unreal Tournament 2 - Don't hold your breath.
------------------------------------------------------------
I found out that :
Unreal II is now called Unreal Episode II.
Unreal Tournament 2 is now called Unreal Tournament 2003.

I posted that UT2 had no multi....my mistake:

"Epic's vice president Mark Rein revealed that Unreal Episode II would no longer have a multiplayer component because of potential scheduling delays, and because the company feels that Unreal Tournament 2003 would better serve the multiplayer needs of fans of the series. Unreal Episode II will be strictly focused on its single-player experience."

I posted the link already with the full story.

-N-

March 12, 2003 12:31:30 PM

Quake 4 tentative release date 4th quarter 2004

Not sure about UT 4
!