Network issue.

I have an XPS Gen 3 running MCE 2005 and a 600M running Home SP2.

I have dsl connected to a Netgear wireless router. I have a desktop wired
to the router and a notebook wirelessly connected to the router. Both
systems enter standby mode after a predetermined period of no activity.

No issues with the notebook.

Pressing the spacebar on my wired desktop wakes the system up. However, it
takes several minutes before my internet connection is re-established. It
is a real aggravation.

This has never been an issue with earlier systems. Just the XPS Gen 3.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

is it possible you have power management enabled on the NIC and it is
turning off?

Wayne

>I have an XPS Gen 3 running MCE 2005 and a 600M running Home SP2.
>
> I have dsl connected to a Netgear wireless router. I have a desktop wired
> to the router and a notebook wirelessly connected to the router. Both
> systems enter standby mode after a predetermined period of no activity.
>
> No issues with the notebook.
>
> Pressing the spacebar on my wired desktop wakes the system up. However,
> it takes several minutes before my internet connection is re-established.
> It is a real aggravation.
>
> This has never been an issue with earlier systems. Just the XPS Gen 3.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

I've tried it both ways and it does not seem to have an effect. Thanks
though.