Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Kodak Inkjet Printers - Are they really cheaper on ink?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 9, 2009 6:30:45 PM

The new batch of Kodak printers use ink cartridges that are like $10.00, but are they any good? I mean, I mainly just print text, simple black and white stuff...and I need a cheap printer that will let me do that. Any tips would be appreciated. I have looked into getting a laser, but I don't have $100.00 right now...I'm looking at more like the $50.00 range.

Best solution

Anonymous
December 9, 2009 8:21:16 PM

All inkjet printers are just a pension plan for the ink cartridge manufacturers.

Borrow the money for a laser -- or get a secondhand one but make sure it has a decent amount of toner left.
December 16, 2009 2:07:42 AM

Thanks for your help!
m
l
Related resources
March 9, 2012 2:44:18 AM

Quote:
All inkjet printers are just a pension plan for the ink cartridge manufacturers.

Borrow the money for a laser -- or get a secondhand one but make sure it has a decent amount of toner left.

Kodak 30 Black cartrige weight from new to empty one tenth of an ounce for $10
Check it yourself on a little postage scale
m
l
July 28, 2013 9:38:28 AM

Kodak is junk in my opinion. I have 5200 model all in one type and it drinks as much ink as I do beer.
I have already taken it out of service and reinstalled my old HP 340c.

Now that i did all that, it turns out the HP printer is obsolete and the cartridges are close to $100 for a black and combo color.
I now have no printer.

I saw one at Costco for $89.00. HP multi type. Print, fax, scan and copy. Uses a common ink cartridge, but still expensive.
When you buy a printer, you are actually just buying ink. The printers cost less than an ink refill. This is foolish and driven by greed.
HP touts a 750 page per cartridge which I know is not possible.

I will have to buy a new printer and have two perfectly fine printers sitting in storage or the trash, because of ink.
m
l
!