• Wireless Printer
  • Printers
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Devices
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
October 17, 2012 6:01:04 PM

Hello,
MY HP wireless printer is not showing up in Devices and Printers in Windows 7.

More about : wireless printer show devices printer

Best solution

a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2012 6:05:17 PM

"Wake up the printer" by power-cycling it; Windows may not initially see it if it is in power-save mode. Confirm on your router's configuration screen(s) that it has been assigned an IP address. Then have Windows 7 look for a network printer.
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2012 6:05:19 PM

Did you install the drivers\software? And did you set it up on your network?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2012 6:16:18 PM

very simply, can you PING it and get a response?
m
l
October 17, 2012 7:25:57 PM

Have you printed off the config page from the printer yet?
From there you can see what IP address the printer grabbed and then type that IP address into your computer browser. Then you can download the drivers and configure the printer for your use.
m
l
October 25, 2012 4:46:00 PM

Best answer selected by caroljean96.
m
l
October 25, 2012 4:47:55 PM

edogawa said:
Did you install the drivers\software? And did you set it up on your network?

The printer has been working on the network for over a year and still worked when the icon did not appear in Devices and Printers. It still prints wirelessly but the icon does not show up. Thanks for the reply
m
l
October 25, 2012 5:36:42 PM

Onus said:
"Wake up the printer" by power-cycling it; Windows may not initially see it if it is in power-save mode. Confirm on your router's configuration screen(s) that it has been assigned an IP address. Then have Windows 7 look for a network printer.

Thanks, the wake-up didn't work but the having Windows search for the network printer did and it reinstalled the driver. Now I have the icon I wanted although it still puzzles me why the printer was working wirelessly without the icon showing. Appreciate the help
m
l
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2012 10:40:30 PM

Thanks. That does sound a little puzzling; perhaps it was accessing it through a share on another PC that could see it?
m
l
!