Can anyone ID this cpu?

wockawocka

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I managed to get my hands on an Intel confidential cpu, when I put it in my mobo it only reads 800Mhz though which seems strange as it is a S423 P4 Cpu.
I'd like to know as much about this as possible guys, even down to where it comes from supplier wise :)

The details on the chip are:

Intel Confidential
QT69ES A4
C020L002-0124
jmc'99 80528PC1.XG0K

D017L004

Thanks!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, the board is defaulting it to it's lower multiplier, 8x. You need a board with multiplier adjustment in order to get it higher. With such a board, you'll be able to get any multiplier you wish, 18x would give you 1800MHz for example.

If you had a SERIOUSLY OVERCLOCKABLE board, you could run it at 9x 200 for example and have Intel's latest "800MHz bus".

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
I dont think his specific chip can do it...

looks to me like it was made Wekk 24 of 2001 and is a C0 stepping.........

Most likely a 2GHz CPU....i cant gaurantee this....

Run the program WCPUID...it'll tell u a little more on the CPU.....

as for 8X Multiplier...like Crashman said thats the lowest most likely.....the thing is that its a 400MHz FSB part.....another thing is....is it a Northwood or a Williamette?? is it Socket 423 or Socket 478 ?? WCPUID will tell u its L2 Cache size.....256Kb = Williamette & 512KB = Northwood.....

Northwood being the better of the 2....

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Well.....i did a little looking up.....and read ur post more carefully..

Ok so its a Socket 423 CPU..so its a Williamette......

as for the speed of the CPU it seems to me that Engineering Sampled P4's which are all unlocked do NOT have a given speed....

if u look at any other S423 CPU....they have codes.....

Example:
Intel Pentium 4 @ 1.9GHz Socket 423 CPU
Product Order Code - BX80528JK<b>190</b>G

All of there CPU's have the speed there....190 = 1.9GHz....a 1.7GHz woudl say 170 there...etc....

In the info. u provided u have a 1.X in-place of the 190 i used in the example....and i can only conclude its because its an unlocked engineering sample that will run at any speed between lowest multiplier possible (8.0 in your case) and 1.9GHz.....

Best way to test it out yourself is to chaneg the multiplier.....once at a time...try 13 follwoed by 14 than 15..etc...and once the computer is no longer stable.....step it down to where it IS stable and that is most likely what the speed of the chip WOUDL be.....assuming it wasnt an engineerign sample and thats WITHOUT manualyl raising the voltage either....

This chip SHOULD run with a Core Voltage of 1.75.....have 256KB of ECC L2 Cache....its based on 0.18 Micron technology/manufacturing process.....its got the D0 Core stepping....

thats all i cna find...mayeb sum 1 else knows or can find more...

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, I completely read his post, which is why I suggested if he had a board capable of overclocking to 200MHz, he could get Intel's lates "800" bus out of it, 8x2=16, 1600MHz should be doable with that CPU.

I have an Unlocked PIII with the same problem, the board I intended to use it one defaults it to 4x!

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>