Seeking laptop advice - 1500-2000ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_Chicago

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
1_What is your budget?

1500ish, up to maybe 2000 (though I might take a little heat from the wife for that much, but I can probably handle it)

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15-17inch

3_What screen resolution do you want?

I like high resolution, would prefer 1920x1200 or 1600x1050, but 1600x900 would be bare minimum

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I just put together my own desktop for gaming a few months ago, but need something to sit in front of the tv and play all the latest 3d games so my wife feels like I'm not abandoning her :)

5_How much battery life do you need?

not important at all

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Would like high settings with good frame-rates, would settle for medium

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Everything else I want to do with it, any laptop could do, ie surfing, document editing, etc

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

Not that important, assuming most will have 250GB+

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

No preference

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Couple years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Not important

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I heard the alienware M15x was good some places, overpriced from others. I saw some people recommend some Asus laptops, but then I see the screen resolution of 1366x768, and that is just unacceptable.

13_What country do you live in?

USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.